What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Maintaining Documentation in a Locked Office?

Started by , May 29 2015 06:48 PM
1 Reply

I'm being led down 2 different roads and am looking for some clarification. All of our quality documents, HACCP plan, Hazard Communications, training records Supplier Surveys, analytical testing results etc... Do they need to be in a locked office? I have heard both arguments as to why/why not but can not find anything in stone to go off of. Any insight would, as always, be GREATLY appreciated.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Maintaining Traceability in FMCG warehouse for Promotional items Problems Implementing and Maintaining a Knife Control Policy Maintaining Warehouse Floors Advice for maintaining bathroom and toilet hygiene Suggestions for maintaining bathroom hygiene
[Ad]

I don't know of any food safety standard that requires the items you mention to be locked up.

In fact, most standards require that those documents be "readily available" to whomever needs them.

Do you want last weeks production records, analytical results, etc. to be left out where they can be tossed in the trash? Of course not.

I think simple document retention policies would suffice. If people are demanding they be locked up, that's fine, but just make sure that they are available when they are needed.

You don't want to have to explain to a regulatory body that the document they require is not available because the person with the key to the office is on vacation.

Marshall

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Maintaining Traceability in FMCG warehouse for Promotional items Problems Implementing and Maintaining a Knife Control Policy Maintaining Warehouse Floors Advice for maintaining bathroom and toilet hygiene Suggestions for maintaining bathroom hygiene Maintaining an inspection line or perimeter gap in a warehouse? CO2 emissions of implementing and maintaining electronic Management System Uphold GMPs While Maintaining Distance Maintaining Confidentiality of Supplier Identifying Information Uphold GMPs While Maintaining Distance