What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

EU and USFDA Standards for Coliforms in Seafood?

Started by , Jun 03 2015 09:27 AM
5 Replies

Please anyone give exact limit of coliform acceptable in seafood( Shrimp) in EU and USA.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Live seafood wholesale information Mock Recalls - Seafood and Beef Pallet treatment standards for a food facility EU and USFDA standards for residual disinfectant levels HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards
[Ad]

Is the product raw, to be cooked by the final consumer, or RTE?

Please anyone give exact limit of coliform acceptable in seafood( Shrimp) in EU and USA.

Hi nchidambar,

Thanks for the query and Welcome to the Forum !

Yr question is somewhat ambiguous.

I assume you mean with respect to someone exporting  to EC/USA from a country outside those respective destinations, ie "import standards"

I also assume for "EC" that you do not include national variations in requirements if product arriving at different countries within the EC.

I also assume you mean raw frozen shrimp.

If the above, afaik there are no controls for coliform for either destination.

addendum

If the product is cooked, the answer will change.

The product is entering into EU and USA as raw, but end consumer will use after cooking.

The product is entering into EU and USA as raw, but end consumer will use after cooking.

In that case, afaik, post #3 is operative

But do note that IMEX, countries within EC may have specific "own" micro.  requirements so that the destination port may be significant.

Similar Discussion Topics
Live seafood wholesale information Mock Recalls - Seafood and Beef Pallet treatment standards for a food facility EU and USFDA standards for residual disinfectant levels HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards Environmental Monitoring guidance Seafood facility RTD Coffee Processing Standards Critical limits in seafood