What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Where to start with a HACCP Plan?

Started by , Jun 09 2015 12:16 PM
4 Replies

Good day friends may you help me ,I want to start implementing the HACCP in our company .Dont know where to start from.we produce pasta.ready to eat italian and indian dishes.I want  HACCP plan just a template.thank you

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP/HARPC training Compressor for HACCP HACCP and SQF Certification Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company HACCP plan for cold smoked trout
[Ad]

Good day friends may you help me ,I want to start implementing the HACCP in our company .Dont know where to start from.we produce pasta.ready to eat italian and indian dishes.I want  HACCP plan just a template.thank you

Hi memory,

Thanks for the Query and Welcome to the Forum !

You have 2 interlinked requests - 

(1) how to develop a haccp plan.

(2) how to implement it

We can offer a lot of suggestions but a  little more info might assist -

(a) Is this a restaurant, foodservice function, manufacturing facility (eg chilled/frozen finished product)  or ?

(b) Are you planning to seek certification to any particular Food Safety  standard, eg BRC ?

(c) What level of QA technical ability is available in the company ?

(d) Anyone with HACCP experience/training ?

If you have no knowledge or understanding of HACCP you may want to read Codex Alimentarius

Regards,

Simon

Hi Memory:

We just completed the whole HACCP process and were certified in February 2015 with an excellent rating.  I can only speak from my experience:  About 4 of us took the HACCP certifed training, then we brought in an outside consultant who met with us, gave us all the templates and got us started.  We sat down, went through the hazard analysis step by step and wrote our whole plan.  We are a very small food processor, but it was worth the investment.  Hope this helps.

I would suggest meeting with someone who has undertaken the process, which might be a consultant, but might equally be someone within your business or within the sector to get an idea from their experience of how to proceed. Training is an essential element for the team once you start, and you need to sell it to the senior management in the first instance as the commitment of the top of the organisation to the process is required in order to convince others that they should, or if necessary must play their part.

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP/HARPC training Compressor for HACCP HACCP and SQF Certification Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company HACCP plan for cold smoked trout HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 HACCP Meeting checklist HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5