What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What training is required for the crisis management team?

Started by , Jun 11 2015 04:08 PM
7 Replies

Hi,

I've been reading posts and have been really useful so I'm posting today for the first time. I have my first SQF(Level 2) facility audit in 2 weeks and still lots of things to get done. I'm working on the Business Continuity Plan and I'm struggling with the training needed for the Crisis Management Team. Does it need to be an official training? has to be done by someone with specific qualifications? do you know if there is any online training for that?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Does anyone have video or any kind of slideshow they use for GMP training? New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company
[Ad]

The crisis management team extends beyond the team with specific responsibilities mentioned in your plan (such as management).  You can learn about the theory of crisis management, but the most important factor is that every member of the organization is aware of and understands their responsibilities in the event of a crisis.  If possible I would arrange a short internal training course, this make take a little time, so in the short term at least you can issue everyone a copy and ask them to read it and perhaps even provide feedback on it.

Regards,

Simon

You can do a simple training on the policy itself.  Make sure you have a sign-in sheet for the training and that it is titled "TRAINING" vs. meeting.  Verify the information and procedures to be followed.  Then have each member sign off as trained and make sure you list the name of the training.  I had a nonconformance on this on my first ever SQF audit because while the crisis team had meetings and mock crisis, we did not put into the agenda of the meetings "Training."  I fixed it by conducting a training myself as the SQF Practitioner, reviewing procedures, confirming contact information and responsibilities. 

1 Like1 Thank

Is having a sign-in list for training enough to prove that the training took place? When do we need to prove that the trainees actually understand the knowledge as in recording quiz scores and when is a list of signatures enough?

If you are under SQF then you are to have the supervisor or trainer document that the trainees understood the training and it can be accomplished through a verbal quiz, written quiz or observation.  If you are training on Crisis Management then you can give a scenario to each person in the training and then ask them or have them write down what procedures he/she must do for that situation.  You can also have a drill and use the drill as visual observation that the trainees understood.

sv,

Go to the FEMA website, click on training icon and search for IS-0100.FDA. This is an ICS 100 class (free!), takes about an hour or so and is focused on incident/crisis management for the food industry. Knowledge based test (70% or better) and certificate provided on completion. My SQF auditor was pleased when I presented him with this as a training record.

Good luck on the Level II. If your GMP/GDP scores are good, you will do fine!

MH

1 Like1 Thank

Hi,

Thank you all for the answers. I passed the audit so now I can breathe. The auditor never asked me about the training, so I was lucky. I will do the training that Mark H suggests.

Thank you all

FANTASTIC! Once again, this is why I absolutely love this community of professionals. We just received a "Minor" on this during our Desk Audit last week and so I was wondering myself how to show "evidence/proof" of training. Not anymore!

Thank You,

JKRed

Similar Discussion Topics
FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Does anyone have video or any kind of slideshow they use for GMP training? New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan Effective evaluation methods of food safety training FSSC v6 2.5.6 Management of Allergens Lychee Nut Management as an Allergen