Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Denmark
    Denmark

Posted 11 April 2024 - 07:16 AM

Helloo everyone., I would like to know from your experience if ABC framework (Antecedents, Behavior, Consequences) can be used to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company.

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,849 posts
  • 726 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2024 - 09:35 AM

The ABC framework as described in PAS320 is something lifted from a psychotherapy technique, cognitive behavioural therapy.  In this the antecedent (A) or circumstances around the situation leads to thoughts which leads to behaviours (B) and consequences ©.

So for me the ABC is more of a root cause analysis on why you're getting the consequences you are in your culture, thinking about what behaviours prompt them and what environmental factors (antecedents or environmental factors) influenced that behaviour.  So I wouldn't personally use it to assess training or communication but good training or communication could be improving that antecedent and then measuring the quantity of training and implementation of communications could be leading metrics and perhaps assessing the compliance levels with that training could be a lagging metric?

For my understanding at least, the ABC is about understanding your culture and providing you a model to do so.

Raniaptsk

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Denmark
    Denmark

Posted 15 April 2024 - 10:14 AM

Thank you for your response

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic