What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Newbie - Greetings To All

Started by , Jun 24 2015 11:54 AM
5 Replies

Good Afternoon All,

Decided to sign up up to this site as I came across a plethora of useful topics of conversation while researching a topic of my own this morning!

My business - Bird Care, a division of the Westland Group that produces bird seed - wild bird, racing pigeon, and cage & aviary, also a limited number of other pet food products currently.

Also, we are BRC accredited, one of the only, if not the only BRC accredited bird food manufacturers around!

My experience - in food production, limited to 5 months in this current job (QA Supervisor) and 3 years at my previous (QC Technician - food flavourings). Prior to that, 17 years in Medical Products/Devices/Pharmaceuticals.

So, thats me in a nutshell and I am sure I will be offering advice of my own as well as looking for advice from you all.....

Cheers,

Paul.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Specialty coffee roastery - HACCP elements - complete newbie! Newbie Introduction Newbie here Newbie Alert Newbie
[Ad]

Hi Paul,

:welcome:

Bird seed eh, that's a new one! haven't seen that on the forums before.

Regards,

Tony

Well, there you go. I'm bringing something new to the table then....

Its a very interesting business, especially as we're BRC accredited yet strictly speaking not a food manufacturer....!

I'm looking forward to my first audit in October.

Well, there you go. I'm bringing something new to the table then....

Is that the bird table. :smile:

Seriously.  What was the driving force to go for BRC...was it retailers or just a business choice?

Welcome to the forums.

:welcome:

Regards,

Simon

Ha, bird table.... Nice...  :roflmao:

To be honest, I don't know the answer to that. I imagine it was a business choice, the site was taken over 5 years ago and thats when the BRC decision was made. I would make the assumption that they thought they could corner the bird seed market with a BRC accreditation! Just my opinion.

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes I think BRC would certainly make you first in the pecking order of bird seed suppliers.

Similar Discussion Topics
Specialty coffee roastery - HACCP elements - complete newbie! Newbie Introduction Newbie here Newbie Alert Newbie Newbie Introduction IFSQN Newbie Newbie Thankful and Hopeful Newbie Newbie in town