What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Live Debate 4: GFSI Certification...is it really worth it?

Started by , Jun 26 2015 07:36 PM
4 Replies
Food Safety Live 2015

GFSI Certification...is it really worth it?

GFSI Certification is often referred to, but there is actually no such thing...there is however, certification to GFSI benchmarked standards such as BRC, FSSC, IFS and SQF. Driven by retailers and large food producers third party certification has proliferated in recent years throughout the breadth and depth of the global supply chain. Nobody can argue with the GFSI goals of “safe food for consumers everywhere” and “once certified, accepted everywhere” but is it really working? In recent years there has been a re-growth in private standards and audits increasing duplication and cost and food scares and recalls prevail. This session discusses how effectively the goals of GFSI are being met and how all interested parties are working to continually improve the process.

Post your questions and comments below.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Live seafood wholesale information Tote Dumping live raw crabs onto a conveyor belt Food Safety Live 2021 - Day 2 Food Safety Live 2021 - Day 1 Seafood distributor: microbiological testing for live holding tanks? ie, fish, crab, prawns, lobster, shellfish etc.
[Ad]

My experience is 50/50 yes and no. It's certainly not all we were led to believe, on the other hand it has delivered some real business benefits. It is a moot point anyhow as GFSI has become a mandatory ticket for trade.

Regards,

David

I think this will be a very lively debate. :smile:

Hope to see you there David.

Regards,

Simon

80% say yes! Great webinar Simon and Co.! Time well spent for all four topics.

80% say yes! Great webinar Simon and Co.! Time well spent for all four topics.

Yes I agree that's very encouraging esquef; I'm sure all the interested parties on the debate would agree.

I'm really pleased you enjoyed the day.  It's not an easy process, but all in all went well..

Regards,

Simon

1 Like2 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Live seafood wholesale information Tote Dumping live raw crabs onto a conveyor belt Food Safety Live 2021 - Day 2 Food Safety Live 2021 - Day 1 Seafood distributor: microbiological testing for live holding tanks? ie, fish, crab, prawns, lobster, shellfish etc. My first live webinar session Process of preserving and supplying live fish and seafood Food Safety Live 2020 - Feedback Food Safety Live 2020 Topic Ideas for Food Safety Live 2020