What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Eating your own dog food

Started by , Jul 24 2015 09:56 AM
5 Replies

There's this famous saying about eating your own dog food. It means that if you're selling something you should be ready to use your products and rely on them.

You probably didn't know this, but we're running our internal quality management system using the Safefood 360° software. We wrote recently a blog about it, which might be interesting to some of you. You can read the blog here.

But besides the blog, I would love to hear your own comments about this topic! Do you use your own products? Do you have some good stories about a company that you used to work for, but just couldn't make yourself use their products in private or professional life?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Eating raw chicken experiment instagram! SQF 11.3.10.3 Outdoor Eating Area Irony of man eating himself in developing country Protective clothing (7.4), removing overalls before bathroom or eating Eating / Drinking in the engineering workshop allow or ban?
[Ad]

For myself, it is a matter of personal preference. I have had no problem sampling product in any of the various places I have worked, but for some I do not consume the product outside of work because it is not something that I would buy/eat in the first place!

I am however a champion of all products that I have been involved with. Working in the meat industry I often get a lot of questions about the quality of products and am always happy to set people straight that no...hamburgers are not always made from odds and ends etc. 

I've been lucky enough to work at places where I would even buy the food! Organic desserts, organic soups and high quality fruit juices. Can't beat them.

I've tried to avoid places where I wouldn't eat the product as it can be difficult to retain a quality mentality at all times.

We make ingredients that are used in many foods.  I have eaten foods with our fibers in them, and would do so in the future.

Martha

I eat our products as does my husband. They're non-GMO, no high fructose corn syrup containing gluten-free protein bars and I can pronounce every single ingredient. They're perfect when I've forgotten my lunch or before I hit the gym after work. I'm not a gluten-free only person, I just happen to like our product which just happens to be gluten-free. 

I worked in a Chocolate factory for many years. And boy did I eat our own dog food?! There were a couple of chocolates in particular; Gianduja and Almond Marzipan which had me in this particular warehouse far more than was necessary. One day the button in my pants broke just as I was reaching into a tray of the aforementioned. I realised it was time to move on..   :doh:

Similar Discussion Topics
Eating raw chicken experiment instagram! SQF 11.3.10.3 Outdoor Eating Area Irony of man eating himself in developing country Protective clothing (7.4), removing overalls before bathroom or eating Eating / Drinking in the engineering workshop allow or ban? Listeria Infection - Is it possible without eating food? 4.7 Staff Facilities / designated eating areas Sweet eating outside - Do you allow it? Eating in locker areas? Healthy Eating: Getting Started