What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Management Review

Started by , Jul 24 2015 04:34 PM
3 Replies

Hello all, 

We are not GFSI certified, have a small plant and a HACCP plan as well as a food safety manual that details our prerequisite programs. My question is-do we need to include a management review process? 

If so, could this be linked to an existing management meeting? What kind of records would need to be kept/how often would we need to meet? Currently management is made aware of any food safety/quality issues in a weekly meeting, but minutes are not taken nor is attendance.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan FSSC v6 2.5.6 Management of Allergens
[Ad]

In my opinion I would say you need to, at the very least, take minutes of your meetings. If you alert them about an issue you really should have documentation backing you up. Not to say that any management would intentionally say you didn't tell them, but there's always the one or two people that forget things quite easily. I live by the "if it isn't documented, it didn't happen" philosophy.

Hi Brian, 

That is fair. I want to get away for the need for separate "HACCP" or "Food Safety" meetings. I think that if I can document that discussion of these items in our normal meetings took place than I am covered for the need to keep management informed.

We have a monthly management meeting and we cover every topic under the sun from Quality, food safety, employee safety, Quality goals etc... I document the meeting and take minutes and send a copy out to all the managers and retain a hard copy and a digital copy. Not once has an issue come up and someone said "I wasn't aware of that."

Similar Discussion Topics
FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan FSSC v6 2.5.6 Management of Allergens Lychee Nut Management as an Allergen Foaming machines in a cleaning management system How do you manage your food safety management system? BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Can we make up an incident for the crisis management mock exercise?