What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Preferred standard in USA

Started by , Jul 29 2015 03:39 PM
5 Replies

Good day all!  Can someone please tell me what the preferred food safety standard is in the USA (in general) - with regards to HACCP?  Will standards such as BRC, IFS be acceptable?  We have a customer in the USA that does not want to accept our products, because we have BRC and IFS, they need a certificate that states: HACCP, we tried to explain that these standards are HACCP based, but apparently this is not acceptable.  Any advice / comments?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Need help finding SQF training classes (in-person is preferred) Is it preferred to contact a consultant for assistance in transitioning to ISO 22000:2018? Preferred moisture content of chocolate and confectionery Preferred Clipboard for use in a food environment Preferred method for Listeria detection and enumeration
[Ad]

Hi Mvan,

BRC or IFS should be more than acceptable given they include extensive requirements regarding HACCP systems in order to achieve certification, you should direct your customers to the requirements of these standards or the GFSI website.

Regards,

Tony

SQF seems a bit more dominant in the US. BRC closely follows though.

But I agree with the above, BRC should be accepted since it is GFSI. 

Hi MvanEeden,

I supppose you could also look for a well-known organisation which offers "HACCP Certification", Based on older threads here, they certainly exist (just Google).

But I agree with the above, BRC should be accepted since it is GFSI. 

As is IFS and there should be no need to gain both certifications.

http://www.mygfsi.co...ed-schemes.html

Regards,

Tony

Thank you everyone! 

Similar Discussion Topics
Need help finding SQF training classes (in-person is preferred) Is it preferred to contact a consultant for assistance in transitioning to ISO 22000:2018? Preferred moisture content of chocolate and confectionery Preferred Clipboard for use in a food environment Preferred method for Listeria detection and enumeration Preferred packaging of fresh, chilled or frozen meat cuts