What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

External Auditing Frequency

Started by , Aug 10 2015 11:09 PM
2 Replies

Hi all,

We are a broker of dry and chilled dairy and we use contracted warehouses. We have just started to conduct site audits of both our warehouse and suppliers and my question is, how frequently should a site audit be conducted? 

I had an idea to frame it like this

Site Audit -> 2 years -> Desktop Audit -> 2 years -> Site Audit -> etc.

Any ideas?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
External and Internal Communication example External warehouse - questions and concerns External Cleaning Contractor Procedures and Records How to share certification work and costs with external company? Frequency of External Calibration of Analytical Balance and Incubator
[Ad]

Hi there,

I would base my audit frequency on certification, product risk, supplier history and volume handled.

Based on that the priority suppliers annually maybe more often if you are having issues with them.

Regards,

Tony

Hi all,

We are a broker of dry and chilled dairy and we use contracted warehouses. We have just started to conduct site audits of both our warehouse and suppliers and my question is, how frequently should a site audit be conducted? 

I had an idea to frame it like this

Site Audit -> 2 years -> Desktop Audit -> 2 years -> Site Audit -> etc.

Any ideas?

Standard methods in use by official organizations like FDA do exist for food manufacturing units. These are published and use a simple (eg RTE? etc),short questionnaire based on similar to Tony's criteria but in a more quantitative way. 2-3 are linked/attached on this forum (somewhere) (IIRC USA/UK/Australia).

Do you have to justify the frequency to anybody ?

In the absence of any guidelines, the typical approach is to initially use a higher rate than you think "plausible". Published methods exist to then start  reducing if no problems, eg -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ncy/#entry91867

Similar Discussion Topics
External and Internal Communication example External warehouse - questions and concerns External Cleaning Contractor Procedures and Records How to share certification work and costs with external company? Frequency of External Calibration of Analytical Balance and Incubator External Calibration Internal and External Communications - Objective Risk assessment of internal and external issue ISO 22000 Clause 4.1 - 4.4 and 6 - Risk and Opportunities amd Internal and external parties How can we minimize the risks associated with an employee wearing an external medical device in production?