• IFSQN Associate
  • 4 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 January 2024 - 06:44 PM

Hi

Our plant has FSSC 22K V5.1 certification for manufacture of packaging intended to hold food (yoghurt).

Current method of storage is within plant warehouse, but there's a plan to add external warehouse. 

I already know certification scope and HACCP scope will need updating. 

The customer has approved the warehouse.

I've not encountered this before: 

1. The warehouse is privately owned and well known in their small community.  The warehouse employs their own material handlers.

2. The warehouse space is an 'open plan' that allows for several companies to store their product in designated areas.  There are no physical partitions between companies' products.

3. Some of the companies currently renting are in food manufacturing, but there are no more specifics provided.

4. Our personnel would not be handling material within the warehouse, since the warehouse has their own employees to do this. 

Our plant would be responsible for scheduling pick up /drop off with warehouse within certain times during the day, M thru F.  No weekends or weekends allowed.

5. The warehouse has security measures in place with controlled access to the building and grounds.

6. Oher details i am missing, to be sure, but my head is overwhelmed how to make this work with FSSC, and next steps for HACCP.  

Any thoughts or advice for me?  Thank you.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,676 posts
  • 1143 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 25 January 2024 - 08:26 PM

Is this warehouse your warehouse or your customers warehouse -- what is the relationship here?

From that the best response will come.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Lynx42

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 January 2024 - 04:33 PM

Is this product that will ship to the other warehouse for storage, then back to your warehouse, or will it ship to the other warehouse, then ship somewhere else for use?  It also boils down to, who is paying for storage at the external warehouse? If it's your customer and it ships to the other warehouse and you don't get it back, you should just need info for traceability. Everything else would be the responsibility of your customer. 

Our 3PL warehouse stores packaging for a handful of customers.  The package manufacturer sends us the packaging (bags, bottles, boxes... some blank and some prelabeled, some food contact packaging, some outer packaging), but the paperwork all has the customers name, with the sender/receiver info for traceability.  

Customer requests bottles be made. 

A 3rd party manufacturer makes the bottles and sends it to us for storage.

When requested we then send the bottles to a plant that will fill the bottles with the customers product.

We get some of the filled bottles back for further storage (most packaging leaves and doesn't come back to us once filled, but one customer does store empty and filled bottles with us).

Our customer then sells it, and we ship it directly to their customer (usually retail stores or restaurant/store distribution centers).

Our customer schedules all shipments and pays all freight costs.

All of it is under our customers name, but we know who had it before us and after us for traceability.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users