What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Truck Wash Bay

Started by , Aug 12 2015 02:38 PM
2 Replies

We are just starting the road to SQF.  One of my concerns for our building is our inside truck wash bay.  It is located inside our raw materials warehouse.  Currently it is not completely walled in.  Obviously one side is a dock door, 2 sides are cement block wall, but the front is completely open to the warehouse.  So when you drive a truck in to get washed or get work done, it allows diesel fumes into the warehouse.  My opinion is that it has to be completely walled in, so contamination does not occur.   

Please let me know your opinion.  Also I have brought it up to management, but they would like a specific rule or reason why it has to be changed, since it's been fine all this time.

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Freezer Truck Refrigerant Unit Calibration Protocols for truck deliveries of product Environmental Pathogens in a Bulk Truck Standards for truck drivers entering the facility Temperature of the interior of the truck at receiving
[Ad]

Diesel fumes could cause ingredients/packaging in your warehouse to absorb odors for one, plus diesel fuel is a combination of gasses and tiny particles. You could have pest issues on the trucks themselves, what was picked up driving down the road etc... I would think this would be basic common sense with GMP's. I'm sure you get it, and I know the struggle getting management to see this...  Good Luck!

In SQF, separation of functions is all about preventing raw material contamination.

Similar Discussion Topics
Freezer Truck Refrigerant Unit Calibration Protocols for truck deliveries of product Environmental Pathogens in a Bulk Truck Standards for truck drivers entering the facility Temperature of the interior of the truck at receiving Mock Crisis - Truck breaks down on highway Is there any problem with having a microwave in the shipping area for truck drivers? Lease truck cleaning requirement 5.10.4 Lunch truck selling food to factory employees during Covid-19 What to include in a truck breakdown procedure when we outsource distribution?