What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

VACCP Definition

Started by , Aug 18 2015 04:14 PM
2 Replies

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has come across an official (reference-able) definition of VACCP?  I'm using PAS96 for definitions but although the TACCP definition references vulnerability ("...identification of vulnerabilities....") but I can't find an official definition.

I have composed the following (which those of you who are eagle eyed might recognise as very similar to the TACCP/PAS96 definition!):

VACCP: Vulnerability Assessment Critical Control Point- systemic management of risk through the evaluation of vulnerabilities (susceptibility or exposure to food fraud risk) and implementation of controls to materials and products, purchasing, processes, premises, distribution networks and business systems by a knowledgeable and trusted team with the authority to implement changes to procedures.

Does that cover it?

Thanks in advance.

Olivia

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
G72/2 TACCP/VACCP Threat and vulnerability assessments - food fraud and food defence a practical guide VACCP vulnerability assessment for spice mixes and snack pellets VACCP and TACCP template required Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment (VACCP) and Food Defence (TACCP) and their Mitigation Plans VACCP SOP in MCT oil industry
[Ad]

The GFSI definition is: “Food Fraud Vulnerability: Susceptibility or exposure to a Food Fraud risk, which is regarded as a gap or deficiency that could place consumer health at risk if not addressed.” VACCP is applying the HACCP-type system specifically to the unique attributes of a Food Fraud incident.

Found here.

1 Thank

hi OOK,

It's a good question. I doubt there is any Globally uniform definition, as usual.

afai can see,  neither BRC7 nor PAS96 mention "VACCP", per se.

To my understanding, BRC7 regards "Vulnerability (eg 5..4.2)" as a quantity for estimating  the risk of  "Food Fraud" which is glossary defined as -

Fraudulent and intentional substitution, dilution or addition to a product or raw material, or misrepresentation of the product or material, for the purpose of financial gain, by increasing the apparent value of the product or reducing the cost of its production.

From memory, and assuming my interpretation correct, the nearest American equivalent to BRC's "Food Fraud"  is EMA (Economically Motivated Adulteration)

PS - As discussed in previous thread, it seems to me that "Vulnerability" and  "Vulnerability assessment" as exampled in PAS96 have a rather different usage/scope to that envisaged by BRC.

PPS - It further seems to me that from the link in Post #2,

BRC's Food Fraud ~= GFSI's "Food Fraud"

BRC's Vulnerability is ~= GFSI's "Food Fraud Vulnerability" (except perhaps regarding health emphasis)

Similar Discussion Topics
G72/2 TACCP/VACCP Threat and vulnerability assessments - food fraud and food defence a practical guide VACCP vulnerability assessment for spice mixes and snack pellets VACCP and TACCP template required Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment (VACCP) and Food Defence (TACCP) and their Mitigation Plans VACCP SOP in MCT oil industry Developing meeting minutes for the TACCP-VACCP team VACCP and TACCP for packaging material manufacture Looking for a basic VACCP sample for FSSC 22000 V5.1 Sense check my auditor on non-conformance relating to our TACCP and VACCP plans Questionnaire or checklist for the control and monitoring of the VACCP plan