What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

3 day working week

Started by , Feb 08 2006 02:14 PM
1 Reply
Dear Members,

Has anyone got any HR experience?? I was approached for some advice last night by a relative who normally would work the full 5 days 9-5, however since the XMas rush orders have declined in her industry and instead of laying personnel off, management approached the workforce and suggested to keep jobs that they should all go on a 3 day working week for a number of weeks until sales pick up again.

The workforce agreed for a total of 2 weeks initially, however when looking at the next months income they are concerned that it may well be extended (Obviously insurances on mortages etc will not kick in due to having an income, and monies going through the door does not meet the bills going out).

Where does she / they stand??

Kind regards,

Steve
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Protective clothing while working in freezers Working on Bacillus testing Wearing hairnet when working with exposed samples? Metal detector conveyor stopped working Working with Non-SQF Certified Businesses
[Ad]
Hi Steve,

That's miserable news; I really sympathise with their predicament. I heard on the news the other day that high street retailers are having a really bad time 'post Christmas'; I fear it's an ominous sign for the future.

I can't help myself but hopefully someone else can.

Do let us know how it pans out.

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Protective clothing while working in freezers Working on Bacillus testing Wearing hairnet when working with exposed samples? Metal detector conveyor stopped working Working with Non-SQF Certified Businesses Food Safety Week Forums View New Content is not working Activities that can be conducted during food safety and quality week Help! Potential help from industry for week assignment How many environmental swabs per week in zone 1?