What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Temporary repairs

Started by , Oct 01 2015 08:38 PM
4 Replies

During our SQF audit the auditor observed that blue vinyl gloves that we use to sensitive electronics during sanitation were not removed prior to operations. He scored the issue as a minor non-compliance for tempoary repair of equipment, we had an opportunity for improvement in the same area last year. Two questions:

Does anyone have a better suggestion for materials to protect small, water sensitive items (ie sensors) during sanitation?

Would this non-conformity be better classified under a different SQF code such as pre-op inspection?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How do you handle temporary and seasonal employees? Temporary Repairs Policy (SQF) Temporary Repairs on Packaging Company for BRC Accrediation Temporary Repairs for commercial leaking roof Temporary Marketing Authorization (TMA) Letters for distributors
[Ad]

Small, colored plastic bags work well for us.  I agree with you, better with preop inspection.  If it is treated as a temporary repair issue, you technically cannot get to the root cause.

Auditors should remain open minded to explanation of what they are observing if they wasn't to be accurate. I disagree with classification as a temporary repair. You must address this with preop, and the authority that released the floor for production.

"Auditors should remain open minded to explanation of what they are observing"

Certainly this.  I've been fortunate that so far our CB has sent us auditors who will listen and seek agreement, especially when there is a NC on the table.  As much as I don't want an NC, I want it to be under the correct clause to address it properly. 

This is not a temporary repair. It could have been dispatched with a simple OIP instead of a write up by someone that could not seem to classify it.

Similar Discussion Topics
How do you handle temporary and seasonal employees? Temporary Repairs Policy (SQF) Temporary Repairs on Packaging Company for BRC Accrediation Temporary Repairs for commercial leaking roof Temporary Marketing Authorization (TMA) Letters for distributors Mold remediation and temporary moving processing areas Managing Temporary Workers During Sanitation What is the best way to label and track temporary repairs? Writing Temporary Storage into our Program Temporary Storage - Costco Food Safety Expectation