What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Documentation for ISO9001:2008 at two sites

Started by , Oct 04 2015 10:18 AM
5 Replies

Dear all,

Need some advice on the below scenario:

This company A is ISO9001:2008 certified, subsequently it is merged with another company B which is also ISO9001:2008 certified.  The ISO cert had been renewed to include both company scope.  However, currently there is still two sets of quality manual and procedure, is it better to merge it into one set of documents?

Any specific point to consider before making the decision?

Thanks a lot.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Lost 3 months of work updating documentation SQF Internal Audit Documentation question What supplier documentation is required when using Aluminium Foil as Primary Packaging? Changeover and documentation procedures requirements BRCGS Documentation
[Ad]

Dear all,

Need some advice on the below scenario:

This company A is ISO9001:2008 certified, subsequently it is merged with another company B which is also ISO9001:2008 certified.  The ISO cert had been renewed to include both company scope.  However, currently there is still two sets of quality manual and procedure, is it better to merge it into one set of documents?

Any specific point to consider before making the decision?

Thanks a lot.

Hi Spherix,

i would have  thought it rather depended on the products/processes.

Bricks and luncheon meat might be an awkward textual combination ?

PS - Welcome to the Forum ! :welcome:

Dear Charles, Nice to meet you!! :) 

Anyway, both company are doing construction, mechanical engineering and electrical engineering work.

Hi Spherix,

Never used  iso9001 myself but i suggest that the documentation feasibility will still relate to the specific similarity of the Procedures themselves.

IMEX, Sister Companies will defend their own pet Procedures down to the last spear head. :smile:

To put it another way, IMO it's a judgement call. Whose judgement may well be a Policy question.

Spherix:

I have been in the same situation several years ago.  My case was automotive involving about 15 sites in total.

I would suggest to you that at the very highest level there is only one set of Policy documents.  But unless there is a pressing Business need for exact commonality, Procedures and Work instructions should reflect the actual activities occurring at each site.

Hope this helps.

1 Like2 Thanks

If you have OCD (which I do) then it is probably wise to merge them in order to get a good nights sleep. 

OCD aside if both QMS are efficient and effective then I would leave them be. 

Regards,

Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Lost 3 months of work updating documentation SQF Internal Audit Documentation question What supplier documentation is required when using Aluminium Foil as Primary Packaging? Changeover and documentation procedures requirements BRCGS Documentation Prerequisite Programs and Documentation Test method documentation and details Approval Documentation for Sunlight Dish Detergent Control the biological hazards documentation Raw Ingredient Documentation