What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Colour Coding in Issue 5

Started by , Oct 07 2015 03:32 PM
11 Replies

Hello ya'll.  Need some serious help.  Not sure if this question has been asked yet but is it just me or does anyone else understand the colour coding of the requirements?  I would like to continue with the announced audit and from what I'm reading (if I'm understanding it correctly) I don't have to do both colours (?).  Then there is the question of the voluntary clauses.  I do not want to do the voluntary clauses but I'm not sure which ones they are.  I think I'm just going through my BRC rage lol.  Please somebody help!!!! :crybaby:

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is Colour E 129 permitted to use in Fine Bakery Wares in the EU? Haddock Fish - orange/pink in colour - potential causes? SQF - Allergen Sanitation and Colour Coding Herbal drink and colour change Colour Coding for Marking Production Area Zones
[Ad]

Hello ya'll.  Need some serious help.  Not sure if this question has been asked yet but is it just me or does anyone else understand the colour coding of the requirements?  I would like to continue with the announced audit and from what I'm reading (if I'm understanding it correctly) I don't have to do both colours (?).  Then there is the question of the voluntary clauses.  I do not want to do the voluntary clauses but I'm not sure which ones they are.  I think I'm just going through my BRC rage lol.  Please somebody help!!!! :crybaby:

Hello Danidee, I think I need serious help too. :crybaby:

You may continue with the announced audit...the unannounced audit is optional.  The only negative of announced as far as I can see is you cannot get a STAR after your grade. The major benefit is you are more likely to receive less non-conformities and thus a better grade like A or AA. I would prefer an A than a B* and I think importantly I could sell it to my customers better.

Voluntary clauses are not yet know, they are not part of the current set of requirements, so don't worry about them for now. :thumbup:

There are two sets of requirements in the standard high hygiene risk category that applies to materials that come into direct contact with food. While non-food packaging is under the low hygiene risk category. All you have to do is look at the set of requirements that apply to your business and make sure that you meet all of those. Within that you can apply for an exclusion to certain requirements if they do not apply to your business.  For example if you do not print then the printing requirements do not apply to you and can be documented as such in your manual and agreed with your certification body.

By the way I didn't know the requirements were colour coded as I have it printed in monochrome.  :notworking:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Simon

Thanks a bunch Simon.  I think the colour coding thing really threw me off.  Happy to hear the voluntary clauses are not in there but why oh why did BRC write a blurb on them in issue 5?  I guess to just confuse me a tad bit more. :cheers:

No problem at all Danidee.

Are you already certified to issue 4 or are you starting out straight off with issue 5?

If you have any question at all on the BRC Packaging I'll do my best to help you.  :beer:

Regards,

Simon

We are in our 2nd year of BRC.  Rainbows and unicorns all around!!!  :happydance:

We are in our 2nd year of BRC.  Rainbows and unicorns all around!!!  :happydance:

That really didn't answer your question Simon.....second year certified to issue 4.  Tackling issue 5 for 2016.....and not having fun! :(

Maybe this can help you...then you can get back to having fun with your unicorns and rainbows. :happydance:

Thanks a bunch again Simon.  You're my new bestie!! :drunk:

Unfortunately I cannot download the PDF format.  I have less than 25 posts :yeahrite:

I see that there is a breakdown of the differences in the same post you just directed me to.  Is this the same as the PDF version but not as detailed?

You won't like me when you get to know me.

At least we have something in common (can't find a packaging emoticon).

Yes you can just read the article and print it.  

It's exactly the same content, but not formatted as nice.

Truth be told I like what they’ve done with the detail. It’s been shuffled around a fair bit, which will frustrate those of you who have written and numbered your systems according to the clauses of the standard, but in my opinion it has been done to make it more logical and it has succeeded.

Yeah....great (said in my sarcastic voice).  I'm obviously one of those who have written and numbered my system according to the clause of standard 4.  :angry2:

You won't like me when you get to know me.

It's ok....as long as I have my BRC hat on nobody likes me lol.  :yikes:

Similar Discussion Topics
Is Colour E 129 permitted to use in Fine Bakery Wares in the EU? Haddock Fish - orange/pink in colour - potential causes? SQF - Allergen Sanitation and Colour Coding Herbal drink and colour change Colour Coding for Marking Production Area Zones Colour Coded PPE when handling Allergens Colour coding. Is it necessary for non-allergen and low risk operation Colour measuring of orange juice Approved EU additives which can use for natural colour Fillet of Pangasius Hypopthalmas colour query