What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is it acceptable to wear crocs in a bakery?

Started by , Oct 13 2015 09:20 AM
1 Reply

Hi everyone, i work for a bakery and i am currently working on salsa. 

Everyone wears safety shoes but one member of staff wants to wear crocs. 

Does anyone know if this is acceptable? if not, why not? 

Thanks in advance!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen Specific factory wear Where can employees wear hairnets? Acceptable tolerance of calibration measurement equipment Food Safety Considerations in a Pinsa Bakery What are acceptable limits for compressed air testing for raw frozen beef steaks?
[Ad]

You need to conduct a risk assessment form both a health and safety and food safety point of view.

Some considerations.

1. Would wearing of crocs instead of safety footwear open the employee up to hazards that could damage his/her foot.  For example heavy materials, tools or equipment dropping onto the foot or banging the foot into objects etc.

2. Does the employee have a medical reason for not wearing safety footwear?

3. Are the safety shoes provide by the company only worn in the work area (hygienic) or can they wear them to and from home (not hygienic)?  If they cannot wear them to and from home would the crocs be controlled the same manner?

Based upon the above I would begin to gather information to make a decision.

Regards,
Simon

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen Specific factory wear Where can employees wear hairnets? Acceptable tolerance of calibration measurement equipment Food Safety Considerations in a Pinsa Bakery What are acceptable limits for compressed air testing for raw frozen beef steaks? Acceptable Yeast and Mold limits for Fruit Fillings Dry Cleaning in Bakery Goods Acceptable level of Bacillus bacteria in the environment EMP Kill step measurement for bakery items Are black safety shoes acceptable in a food plant?