What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to get through to Senior Management what Technical does?

Started by , Oct 14 2015 08:04 PM
6 Replies

Looking for some advice

I am not the most diplomatic person so you advise would be grateful.

Recently the director of my company has told all managers that anything to do with quality or technical to throw it all to me and I mean everything. Now when we find mistakes other department manager expect us to fix it. When we take photos of NC they go berserk.

I feel they are very naive and don't really understand the job role.

How do I get this over to them what we do - to me We carry out audits, advise and implement systems

YOUR HELP IS NEEDED :helpplease:

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan FSSC v6 2.5.6 Management of Allergens
[Ad]

Aps,

They gave you a task, you are completing it, and they don't like the results, lovely... Well I would start off that each of them does have a vital role to the business and not each can be the expert at everything so work is divided up.  You are looking at NC differently then them and that is why you were put in your roll.  Ok we found a NC during an audit, this is how it is currently done--this is how it should/needs to be done what steps can we take (both QA and operations) to chip away at the problem.  Pictures are a great way to show exactly how things were found and sometime we don't really want to know something is broken.  But end of they day we are on same team.  Let them know you are a resource to help with the correction process but need their input to make the change happen.

Sound like a start?

G

1 Like1 Thank

Sounds a lot like my job, know your feeling  :headhurts:

If the action required to fix the technical / quality issue is rooted in the process then of course they need to be involved and perhaps also take ownership. Can you give any examples, so that we can kick around some ideas?

Regards,

Simon

In the Philip Crosby school of quality thought, the only way to get through to upper management is by costing non conformance.

He called it the «price of non conformance». Believe me it works.

Upper management manages budgets, that's their language. Speak that language by costing every NC, complaint or «improvement needed» situation and you will get the needed attention.

Tamale

We are on the same page. :-(

I believe that upper management should establish a culture of teamwork and that they should inculcate in all employees a positive attitude towards internal audits as audits are there to improve the system and not point fingers to anyone for a NC.

Ray

Constant battle some times....this is OUR problem, not MY problem. Yikes!

Similar Discussion Topics
FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan FSSC v6 2.5.6 Management of Allergens Lychee Nut Management as an Allergen Foaming machines in a cleaning management system How do you manage your food safety management system? BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Can we make up an incident for the crisis management mock exercise?