What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Same person approve/verify forms ?

Started by , Oct 15 2015 12:57 PM
8 Replies

Hello Everyone,

On this topic I have a question for Marshall, can the same person approve and verify a document?  Or should these be two different people?  Just curious. 

Thanks for any answers.

:thumbup:

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Are photocopies of controlled forms permitted? US equivalent forms to CFIA How to approve suppliers without a GFSI recognized certificate?
[Ad]

No. With reference to 22000:2005, same person cannot be signed on both places….

1 Thank

No. With reference to 22000:2005, same person cannot be signed on both places….

Hi dv8,

Could you provide the reference paragraph in iso22000 standard ? (I cannot see it).

Hello Everyone,

On this topic I have a question for Marshall, can the same person approve and verify a document?  Or should these be two different people?  Just curious. 

Thanks for any answers.

:thumbup:

That entirely depends upon the standard and your business.

Generally, if you approve a document for use, I don't see why you would be restricted from verifying the information filled in on the document.

Remember, my answer was given without any context as to what the document is.

If your job is to approve a fill in the blank document for use, that's entirely different than "verifying" the information filled in.

If you create a work instruction, and verify that the document is correct, that's an entirely different animal.

Marshall

1 Like2 Thanks

Please go thru CAC/RCP 1-1969, Section 11.....

Please go thru CAC/RCP 1-1969, Section 11.....

Please copy/paste the quote. Thanks.

CAC/RCP 1-1969, Rev. 4-2003 - Annex:

Verification should be carried out by someone other than the person who is responsible for performing the monitoring and corrective actions.

CAC/RCP 1-1969, Rev. 4-2003 - Annex:

Verification should be carried out by someone other than the person who is responsible for performing the monitoring and corrective actions.

Yes, but that is entirely different from what the OP asked.

Marshall

Yes I agree with you Marshall. But with this quote our external auditor raised a minor NCR against our GHP checklist. Anyways… :smile: 

Similar Discussion Topics
Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Are photocopies of controlled forms permitted? US equivalent forms to CFIA How to approve suppliers without a GFSI recognized certificate? Designated person for SQF Need help finding SQF training classes (in-person is preferred) FSSC 22000 Validation and Verification Procedure Templates and Forms SQF-HACCP In Person Training Ingredient labeling - 2 different forms of same ingredient