What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Product recall - is it necessary to inform BRC?

Started by , Oct 17 2015 10:48 AM
10 Replies

Is it must, that actual recall should be inform to BRC team

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling
[Ad]
As a first step you should inform your certification body and they will advise if and who else to tell.

As per our policy, we take back all domestic marketing product on simple quality issues.

Is this to be considered as a product recall????

It is a type of recall sometimes called a withdrawal.

Read this guidance on product recalls it should help you.

Regards,

Simon

You just need to inform your CB within 3 days of the recall/withdrawal

Informing the CB.... is that also a requirement on recalls for basic/low risk packaging? 

Informing the CB.... is that also a requirement on recalls for basic/low risk packaging? 

Does it say so in the standard Anne?

It says "a communications plan that includes methods of informing customers and (where necessary) regulatory bodies in a timely manner." 

So I guess my question is if "regulatory bodies" is the CB, or who is it?

Thanks ! 

It says "a communications plan that includes methods of informing customers and (where necessary) regulatory bodies in a timely manner." 

So I guess my question is if "regulatory bodies" is the CB, or who is it?

Thanks ! 

In reality it is unlikely that a low risk packaging supplier could have any problem that could warrant a serious recall due to a risk of harming the public.  A regulatory body is not the CB, depending on the country it is usually a specific government body.  In the UK the Food Standards Agency.  That said it does no harm to add to your procedure that you inform the CB and regulatory body (find out who this is for Denmark).  You will likely never have to contact either I expect. :smile:

Regards,

Simon

Thanks, you read my mind :) Doesn't hurt to add, but highly unlikely that it will ever happen. 

Happy Holidays!

We were advised by our CB to add it in. They expect to be the first point of contact for a recall.

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Intestines - Edible Meat Product? Can I use up current packaging or is new required if the product formulation has changed? What are the quality parameters that need to be included in the product specification sheet? SQF 2.6.1.2 Product changeover and label reconciliation records What are the elements that need to be included in the final product specification?