What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

5.4 - Product Claims

Started by , Nov 08 2015 11:16 PM
1 Reply

Hello,

Firstly tons of thanks for BRC Manual version 7 that I bought from this site. It is informative and is going to help us for our certification process.

I have question about clause 5.4- Product identity.

Is product of Canada considered a claim? does it comes under this category and what about mass/balance exercise as we have about 13 product which is all bakery? and we have 4 months left for the audit.

Thank you in advance.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Scope of Certification product specific Stainless-steel grades for product-contact equipment Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats?
[Ad]

Our BRC auditor told us Product of UK was a claim so best to be safe rather than sorry and treat it as such. If you've got label checks in place which ensure you are labelling correctly, full traceability of batches etc and can do a mass balance then you should be fine (by my experience at least)

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Scope of Certification product specific Stainless-steel grades for product-contact equipment Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Intestines - Edible Meat Product? Can I use up current packaging or is new required if the product formulation has changed?