What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HACCP training for leader

Started by , Nov 10 2015 03:48 PM
4 Replies

What level of training is required under the BRC Food Safety Scheme for the HACCP Leader?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company HACCP plan for cold smoked trout HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Meeting checklist HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat
[Ad]

i am not sure about BRC but a GFTC HACCP 2 should do..

The Standard states:

The team leader shall have an in-depth knowledge of HACCP and be able to demonstrate competence and experience.

The Interpretation guide states:

The HACCP team leader must be able to demonstrate competency and experience in HACCP processes; this can be shown by:

the quality of the plan
documented evidence of their qualification (e.g. successful completion of an industry-recognised HACCP training course)
demonstrable, extensive experience in implementing or training HACCP.

What exactly does that mean? Pretty much whatever you want it to mean,I suppose.

To me, it means a course such as Development and Implementation of a HACCP Plan and Verification, Validation and Auditing a HACCP and Food Safety System.

These two courses/training classes probably have different names. But the bottom line, at least according to the Interpretation Guide is:

Is the HACCP Plan good, and does the HACCP guru have documented experience in implementing the plan, or in HACCP training?

Marshall

2 Thanks

Thank you for the info Marshall.

I see it this way, a recognised HACCP qualification will provide objective evidence of competency. An assessment of the quality of the plan or a summary of the experience of the Team Leader subjective so I would recommend that the Team Leader has a recognised HACCP qualification.

Regards,

Tony

Thanks Guys...Here in Canada GFTC offers a refresher course, I am thinking this course will be enough married with the level of experience and the past roles this employee has carried.

Similar Discussion Topics
Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company HACCP plan for cold smoked trout HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Meeting checklist HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans