• IFSQN Associate
  • 29 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 29 September 2023 - 08:09 PM

Hi everyone, 

I'm looking for a reliable and affordable (if possible) HACCP training course that one of my colleagues can take. This is in response to us obtaining our SQF2 certificate next year, as section 2.1.1.5 states "the primary and substitute SQF practitioner shall...Have completed a HACCP training course". 

As the SQF practitioner, I've completed one in the past and also have kept up to date on my training through my job duties and responsibilities. The HACCP training course I'm looking for would be for whoever we decide to be the backup SQF practitioner. 

Thank you!

kingstudruler1

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 858 posts
  • 293 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 September 2023 - 08:45 PM

On-line or in person?   There are lots of options.   I'm not sure I've heard of one the was bad.  

Zosi seems popular 

https://www.zosilear...SRoCB9YQAvD_BwE

NEHA  has some that are very  inexpensive   https://nehahaccp.org/

eb2fee_785dceddab034fa1a30dd80c7e21f1d7~

Twofishfs@gmail.com

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,238 posts
  • 1294 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 30 September 2023 - 03:09 AM

Hi everyone, 

I'm looking for a reliable and affordable (if possible) HACCP training course that one of my colleagues can take. This is in response to us obtaining our SQF2 certificate next year, as section 2.1.1.5 states "the primary and substitute SQF practitioner shall...Have completed a HACCP training course". 

As the SQF practitioner, I've completed one in the past and also have kept up to date on my training through my job duties and responsibilities. The HACCP training course I'm looking for would be for whoever we decide to be the backup SQF practitioner. 

Thank you!

Hi kyrabowden,

The IFSQN offers a great value Practical HACCP Training for Food Safety Teams Webinar for only $97 per person

The training can be taken via the previous recording or live webinar, the next live training is Friday, October 27, 2023.

The webinar is 4 hours and delivered in 6 sections:

1. Introduction to HACCP

2. Types of Contamination

3. Definitions

4. Good Hygienic Practices/Good Manufacturing Practices

5. HACCP Principles and Developing a HACCP/Food Safety Plan

6. How the FSMA affects HACCP - Hazard Identification, Evaluation and Preventive Controls

After the webinar trainees take an online test (30 minutes) consisting of 30 multiple choice questions covering the topics taught in the course. Trainees receive an IFSQN Academy HACCP Certificate on passing.

The course is suitable for food handlers, supervisors, managers and HACCP team members working in food manufacturing, food packaging, food handling, food storage or food distribution operations.

Practical HACCP Training for Food Safety Teams Webinar - Customer Reviews here

For Food Safety Team Leaders we would recommend Advanced HACCP Training which is typically 24 to 40 hours in duration.

Kind regards,

Tony

QAKat

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 88 posts
  • 8 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 October 2023 - 04:03 AM

https://ehaccp.org/haccpcertification/

ehaccp.org has some very inexpensive certified HACCP courses.

Hope it helps.

TylerJones

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 104 posts
  • 30 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 October 2023 - 02:13 PM

As Tony mentiones IFSQN has a HACCP course for $97 I highly recommend the class.

It's fully online, participants can take it a little at a time if scheduling is a factor,

I have sucessfully had our entire food safety team trained through this course from Food Safety Team members up through our VP. Meets SQF requirements.

Highly recommend!!!! 

If you don't like change, you're going to like becoming irrelevant less. 

kyrabowden

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 29 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 03 October 2023 - 02:25 PM

Thank you TylerJones (and everybody) for the recommendations! Makes my search a lot easier. 

Our of curiosity, what certifies a course/class to "Meet SQF (or HACCP) requirements"? I think that's what made me ask the question initially, is that there's so many options out there, how do I know what ones meet the required standard, if there is one even? Does it have to be accredited by a certain government agency?

Just something I'm pondering! I'm probably overthinking it Lol. Thanks

As Tony mentiones IFSQN has a HACCP course for $97 I highly recommend the class.

It's fully online, participants can take it a little at a time if scheduling is a factor,

I have sucessfully had our entire food safety team trained through this course from Food Safety Team members up through our VP. Meets SQF requirements.

Highly recommend!!!! 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users