What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Supplier Approval Program for Foreign and Domestic

Started by , Dec 03 2015 06:43 PM
6 Replies
Hello Everyone,

Looking for Guidance into preparing a Supplier Approval Program for foreign and domestic. (Domestic- USA) I will appreciate any guidance you could give me. My Company is looking into reviewing and modernizing our current one.

Thank you in advance,

Kellio
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen checklist to supplier BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing What supplier documentation is required when using Aluminium Foil as Primary Packaging?
[Ad]

What products? Protein?

1 Thank

What products? Protein?

Sorry!!! Frozen Vegetables and spices.

Hi Kellio,

May I also ask if anyone is going to audit the final system ? eg BRC, SQF,

Sorry!!! Frozen Vegetables and spices.

SQF but we are looking to comply with FSMA.

Hello Everyone,

Looking for Guidance into preparing a Supplier Approval Program for foreign and domestic. (Domestic- USA) I will appreciate any guidance you could give me. My Company is looking into reviewing and modernizing our current one.

Thank you in advance,

Kellio

Hi Kellio,

Yr OP has quite wide scope.

With Fresh Produce (FP)  in mind, maybe this is of interest although I’m not in FP/USA so unfamiliar with content –

Understanding_FSMA_Rule.pdf   361.55KB   57 downloads

From an SQF POV yr OP has similarities to this parallel thread except I deduce you are a manufacturer rather than a broker. Not sure if you saw this thread already ?

http://www.ifsqn.com...e-2/#entry96024

Generally IMEX the SAS for Food raw materials is a composite of basic items such as –

(1) Achieving mutually agreed Raw material Specifications

(2) Achieving a satisfactory Audit of the Supplier

(3) Achieving on-going satisfactory Lot Sampling/Analysis Results

Are you seeking info. on general approaches or comments on specific FP items  ?

It might be productive if you can summarize yr own current setup ?

1 Thank

Thanks Charles.  I was looking more into how a supplier gets approved and internal Audits.

Let me Flow chart our set up so it is more clear what I am asking.  Thank you for your links. They were helpful and answered some Questions.

Regards,

Kellio

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen checklist to supplier BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing What supplier documentation is required when using Aluminium Foil as Primary Packaging? Supplier not providing TDS Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Emergency Supplier Approvals Supplier Questionaire Radiological Free statement from supplier