What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Ideas for improving our internal food safety inspection program

Started by , Dec 11 2015 08:32 PM
6 Replies

Hello All!

I am looking into sprucing up our internal food safety inspection

I feel that some items may be over looked because we have become used to the one that is in place

It has been in place for 6 years, don't get me wrong it still does the trick

Anyone willing to share their template or give some examples?

We have a greenhouse and packaging facility

Much appreciated & happy Friday! :gleam:

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Ideas on training on the importance of completing pre-op each day before production begins? Ideas on how to clean in a warehouse freezer? Desperate for ideas to get employees on board with food safety culture Looking for Ideas or a Structured Approach to Implementing a QMS from Scratch Ideas to mark World Food Safety Day?
[Ad]

Hi Mackenzie. I guess I am a little lost on what you mean by sprucing it up. It is 6 years old and doing what it is supposed to be doing? Why change it?

I can understand, maybe the auditors are turning into robots. It's common,  I've seen it happen, I've been one.  :dalek:

I think it is good to mix it up.

Look at the range of audits you do, food safety, quality, GMP, health and safety, fire safety etc. and if nothing else you can swap auditors around, assuming you have trained auditors.  Let one department audit another department, get shop floor workers involved, create some competition, discuss the results, have awards, prizes.

Just a few ideas...let's discuss some more.

What do others do to make audits sexy, whilst remaining effective?

Regards,

Simon

1 Thank

Just a few ideas...let's discuss some more.

What do others do to make audits sexy, whilst remaining effective?

This just made my day. I want involved in these sexy audits!

I agree with the rotating auditors if you have that capability. I actually think that should be done regardless. New eyes, new findings. I was reading this as how can Mackenzie change their program. That is something i wouldn't do, in my opinion.

Hi Mackenzie,

We use a basic list of equipment, records, documents etc. for each area, I have been changing the order of the list quarterly, so the 'trail' or order we follow will change, having those doing the inspection come to an area or piece of equipment from a physically different approach I think has been helpful (it has been to me anyway). I also like using random.org to randomize some lists (ingredients, document check dates, security camera check dates and times etc.), We have been having line workers from different areas accompany the inspection teams as well with mixed results; some very good feedback and new perspectives ranging to almost no feedback at all. Simon I doubt any of this qualifies as ';sexy' But I think our internal audits are improving.

James

1 Like1 Thank

Simon I doubt any of this qualifies as ';sexy' But I think our internal audits are improving.

Don't underestimate the power of a good audit James. :yeahrite:

Appreciate all the feedback!

Love the idea of having departments audit other departments!

thanks so much - got some great "sexy" ideas to play around with haha :roflmao:

Similar Discussion Topics
Ideas on training on the importance of completing pre-op each day before production begins? Ideas on how to clean in a warehouse freezer? Desperate for ideas to get employees on board with food safety culture Looking for Ideas or a Structured Approach to Implementing a QMS from Scratch Ideas to mark World Food Safety Day? SQF FSC2 2.4.2 Module 18 - GAP SOP Template or ideas for Indoor Agricultural Ideas for activities for a Food Safety Day Any Ideas on Tilapia Discoloration? Ideas for controlling Allergen Dust Looking for ideas for Food waste reduction