What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Laundry Company with No HACCP Plan - is it a problem?

Started by , Dec 21 2015 08:25 PM
3 Replies

I work for a RTE meat processing facility. We have our smocks/coats laundered by a third party. They're a very large corporation with many facilities around the country and world. For our BRC audit we had to go audit the facility that washes our smocks as they do not do third party audits (I'm not sure why they don't). While there, they were not able to supply me with their HACCP plan. They had a document that was written by a P.h.D. validating the wash cycle as well as SDS sheets and process from their chemical supplier. However, the document by the professor was only an overview of how to create a HACCP plan and was written for corporate, not the individual facility I was auditing.

My question is: Is it an issue that our third party laundry facility doesn't have their own internal HACCP plan?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Laundry at Home! Laundry Practices for SQF Laundry KPI's Do any food manufacturing facilities do their own laundry? Laundry Detergent Requirements for In House Laundry
[Ad]

Referring to clause 7.4.3 of BRC issue 7, it is not a requirement that laundry company mst have a HACCP plan or any quality certification. The company must have a validated washing procedure which meets the requirements of the standard. Therefore the procedure which is written by a qualified person with good knowledge of the company washing and garments handling procedures should be acceptable. 

Kind regards

Dr. Humaid Khan

MD

Halal International Services

Does the company name begin with a C?

As long as the document from the PhD includes "defined criteria to validate the effectiveness of the laundering process", it meets the intent of the clause.

For example, "garments are washed at x degrees for y amount of time using z detergent which is effective at killing abc bacteria."

Marshall

Does the company name begin with a C?

As long as the document from the PhD includes "defined criteria to validate the effectiveness of the laundering process", it meets the intent of the clause.

For example, "garments are washed at x degrees for y amount of time using z detergent which is effective at killing abc bacteria."

Marshall

The company does not begin with a C.

It looks like what they have is enough.

Thank you for your input.

Similar Discussion Topics
Laundry at Home! Laundry Practices for SQF Laundry KPI's Do any food manufacturing facilities do their own laundry? Laundry Detergent Requirements for In House Laundry Need help with laundry and pest control service performance monitoring check list Laundry service for BRCGS Laundry storage BRC 8.7.1 Laundry temperature and time validation Food-Safe Laundry Detergent?