What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Preventative and planned maintenance in bakery

Started by , Feb 03 2016 11:35 PM
4 Replies

Hi

I have developed and implemented Registers or preventative and planned maintenance. Would like some help in writing a procedure for conducting the maintenance.

Regards

Humaid Khan 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Does the freezer need to be on the flow chart as a preventative control Verification of Corrective and Preventative action efficacy Can anyone please help me with the response Corrective, Preventative and Root Cause BRCGS recognised by the FDA for FSMA Preventative Controls for Human Food Rule
[Ad]

Some basic elements I put in place for both preventative maintenance and for urgent repairs:

-whether the work poses a contamination risk to the area on which work is done or to adjacent areas (protect the area as needed)

-follow chemical and lubricant policy and use only approved materials

-guidelines for temporary repair (no duct tape, cloth ties, material that can cause or harbor contamination, etc.)

-tool and material accountability

-whether or not the equipment requires cleaning following the work (trained person completes the cleaning step with approved cleaners/sanitizers)

-inspection of the area and equipment following work (no wires left on the floor, no nuts/bolts, tools left out, etc) - QA and maint personnel complete inspection

-positive release of the area/equipment following inspection

Some basic elements I put in place for both preventative maintenance and for urgent repairs:

-whether the work poses a contamination risk to the area on which work is done or to adjacent areas (protect the area as needed)

-follow chemical and lubricant policy and use only approved materials

-guidelines for temporary repair (no duct tape, cloth ties, material that can cause or harbor contamination, etc.)

-tool and material accountability

-whether or not the equipment requires cleaning following the work (trained person completes the cleaning step with approved cleaners/sanitizers)

-inspection of the area and equipment following work (no wires left on the floor, no nuts/bolts, tools left out, etc) - QA and maint personnel complete inspection

-positive release of the area/equipment following inspection

Hi RMAV,

thks for above.

Is this a generic menu or specifically targeted for bakeries ?.

Not my area but based on some recent posts, i would have added to maintain a vigilance for aluminium shavings due degrad(ed)ing tray/shelving alignments.

Apologies, Charles.C, I usually add a disclaimer. I provided a generic list of what I look for but I don't have experience in Bakery or BRC.

That's a good point with the shavings.  Something to watch for in preventative maintenance or repairs is will there be any cutting, drilling, filing, etc., where will the work occur, etc...

Hi RMAV,

No problem, I was just curious. The more, the merrier. :smile:

I agree that many of the necessities are undoubtedly groupable.

Similar Discussion Topics
Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Does the freezer need to be on the flow chart as a preventative control Verification of Corrective and Preventative action efficacy Can anyone please help me with the response Corrective, Preventative and Root Cause BRCGS recognised by the FDA for FSMA Preventative Controls for Human Food Rule Preventative Maintenance Program Preventative Controls vs Controls Supplier Preventative Controls Correction and Preventative Action Plan for not being up to date with regulations Corrective and Preventative Action Policy help