What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Reference book for food industry building design and construction

Started by , Feb 06 2016 03:19 AM
5 Replies

Hi,

Which would be the best reference book for Food Industry Building construction so that all the errors could be avoided at design level?

Best regards,

Geethanjali

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Temperature a CCP - Ready to eat plant (Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency) Can anyone share the FDA reference that pathogen microbes kill at above 100 degree celcius? Reference Standards for Glass Bottle Manufacturing Reference Standards for Good Warehousing Practices in Food Manufacturing Management of Change Procedure and Reference
[Ad]

Hi,

Which would be the best reference book for Food Industry Building construction so that all the errors could be avoided at design level?

Best regards,

Geethanjali

Hi Geetha,

Nice to hear from you,

It might relate to what the Building is for ? eg Cold Storage, Dry Storage, etc

Hi Geetha,

Nice to hear from you,

It might relate to what the Building is for ? eg Cold Storage, Dry Storage, etc

Hi Charles,

Thank You for the reply.

I am interested in the food sectors like:

1. Flavours

2. The food industries involving wet processing like preparation of ready - to -eat and dairy.

3. Milling

4. Clean Rooms of Class ISO 8 and 9 ( for packaging materials)

Thanks and regards,

Geethanjali

Hi Geetha,

I can suggest one general book i have found useful -

Hygienic Design of Food Factories by Holah et al.

(viewable as Google book)

You will also find extensive information in the many textbooks on "Hygiene in Food processing", eg many texts authored/edited by Lelieveld

Dairy Technology has a similar vast number of textbooks which include details of building design, for example various texts authored by Robinson et al.

Cleanrooms is a more specialized area IMEX, there are numerous textbooks on "Aseptic Food Packaging" if that is your objective. Try Google.

Campden in UK issue recognized texts on every aspect of Food processing including Building Design but not free.

1 Thank
1 Thank

Hi Tony and Charles,

Thank you. I will check these books.

Sorry for delayed reply as we were in process of FSSC re-cert audit.

I did google search and found Hygienic Design of Food Factories (Woodhead Publishing Series in Food Science, Technology and Nutrition) to be very interesting. I have ordered this book. Hope it may meet my requirements.

Similar Discussion Topics
Temperature a CCP - Ready to eat plant (Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency) Can anyone share the FDA reference that pathogen microbes kill at above 100 degree celcius? Reference Standards for Glass Bottle Manufacturing Reference Standards for Good Warehousing Practices in Food Manufacturing Management of Change Procedure and Reference CFR reference for labeling of water in a fruit preparation Risk Reference list in BRCGS Issue 9 Dairy Reference Standard for Filling-Packing Room Reference for sampling plan Cross reference between BRC Packaging issue 6 and ISO 9001:2015