What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Comparison between ISO 22000 & BRC V7

Started by , Feb 16 2016 07:59 AM
13 Replies

Hello everyone,

My company already had ISO 22000:2005 certification. And now we are preparing documents to get BRC V7 certification.

But I'm not really understand about standard gaps between both standards. So that, anyone can help me about this.

Best regards,

Charice

2 Thanks
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Comparison of HACCP 12 steps from Codex, USDA, USFDA, ISO 22000, and HACCP regulations-guidance of Taiwan (bilingual edition) Has anyone done a comparison between BRC-Food V8 and IFS 6.1 clauses? Seeking comparison between all GFSI Certifications IFSQN Website Statistics - Comparison YTD 2019 v 2018 Clause comparison between ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 22000:2018
[Ad]

Hello everyone,

My company already had ISO 22000:2005 certification. And now we are preparing documents to get BRC V7 certification.

But I'm not really understand about standard gaps between both standards. So that, anyone can help me about this.

Best regards,

Charice

Hi Charice,

Detailed, eg clause-by-clause comparisons between the BRC food and ISO22000 Standards are rather infrequent.

See this recent thread -

http://www.ifsqn.com...f-gfsi-schemes/

Some fundamental differences -

(1) BRC uses Codex HACCP, iso22000 uses ISO-HACCP. One big difference is in ISO's introduction of OPRP.

(2) BRC is GFSI-recognized, ISO22000 is not.

(3) BRC is prescriptive, ISO22000 is generic (FSSC22000 is more prescriptive and is thus GFSI recognized).

(4) BRC Standard changes frequently, ISO22000 has not changed in 10 years.

I expect you are already aware of Nos 1,3.  Just compare the text of the Standards.

2 Thanks

Thanks Charles.C,

But i didn't find any information related to my concern above in your attached link.

Anyway, thanks for your supporting.

Regards,

Chairce

Thanks Charles.C,

But i didn't find any information related to my concern above in your attached link.

Anyway, thanks for your supporting.

Regards,

Chairce

Hi Charice,

If you want a (current) clause-by-clause comparison, afaik, it's unavailable. One reason is that the 2 systems are somewhat different in their Total Objectives (see last comment below).

The Excel sheet is not current but is detailed. Additionally ISO22000 today is identical to its original version in 2005.

And one more difference - afaik, ISO22000 is purely safety focussed. BRC has certain "add-ons" related to "due diligence".

Hi Charice & Charles.

As you say Charles the two standards are inherently different with ISO 22000 generic in many ways.

I have drawn up a table of clauses that offers a rough comparison:

Comparison of ISO 22000 and BRC Food Issue 7.pdf   298.07KB   1199 downloads

Kind regards,

Tony

4 Likes13 Thanks

Hi Charice & Charles.

As you say Charles the two standards are inherently different with ISO 22000 generic in many ways.

Comparison of ISO 22000 and BRC Food Issue 7.pdf

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi Tony,

Many Thanks for this. Very Cool indeed. :thumbup:

FSSC will probably soon be requested for dessert..

Hi Tony,

Thanks a lot. It really useful for my job now :)

Best regards,
Charice

Hi Tony,

Thanks a lot. It really useful for my job now :)

Best regards,
Charice

Glad to be of help Charice

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi Charice & Charles.

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi Tony thank you very much.

Teresa Gonçalves

1 Thank

No problem Teresa

Hi Charice & Charles.

Kind regards,

Tony

That's wonderful Tony,

Thanks

Nidhi

Thanks Tony, just made my day a whole lot easier!

Charles.C Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:26 PM

Hi Tony,

Many Thanks for this. Very Cool indeed.  :thumbup:

FSSC will probably soon be requested for dessert..

Indeed Charles! I have drawn up a table of clauses that offers a rough comparison between FSSC 22000 Food and BRC Food Issue 7:

Comparison of FSSC 22000 Food and BRC Food Issue 7.pdf   327.31KB   200 downloads

Kind regards,

Tony

1 Like3 Thanks

Hi Tony,

Very Nice.

Thanks again.  :clap: 

Similar Discussion Topics
Comparison of HACCP 12 steps from Codex, USDA, USFDA, ISO 22000, and HACCP regulations-guidance of Taiwan (bilingual edition) Has anyone done a comparison between BRC-Food V8 and IFS 6.1 clauses? Seeking comparison between all GFSI Certifications IFSQN Website Statistics - Comparison YTD 2019 v 2018 Clause comparison between ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 22000:2018 IFSQN Website Statistics - Comparison YTD 2018 v 2017 Comparison between 10/2011/EU and 21CFR175 300 ISO9001:2015 comparison with ISO22000 Comparison of allergen adhesion properties Comparison of GFSI Schemes (and Codex)