What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC V7 Implications of using in-house manufactured bottles?

Started by , Feb 21 2016 10:47 PM
1 Reply

Folks,

I am working with a Liquid Milk processor that has invested in manufacturing their own Poly bottles for Liquid Milk Processing. Just looking to ensure I cover all bases for BRC and cover all the implications of going down this path. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Gary

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
CIRKUL water bottles Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures In House Label Disfigurement Procedure Validating microbiological testing in-house
[Ad]

hi Gary ,

It is a very open question , 

Generally ,to make sure you should consider this line as a separate and make sure that all the requirement for BRC is in place for this line , special HACCP for this line is required , validation and verification , control of rework used for bottles , in-process quality plans /inspections , the finished bottles should be assessed for microbiological and chemical analysis like  bisphenol-a (BPA) for PET , tractability for each batch of bottles , my advice is to make a BRC self assessment for your new line to discover any missed point , you can also increase your knowledge using BRC for packaging guideline .

the auditor will consider it a separate line and will audit it as an another line , so if your SOP dose not applied for this line you will be violated 

best regards ,

Ehab 

Similar Discussion Topics
CIRKUL water bottles Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures In House Label Disfigurement Procedure Validating microbiological testing in-house Internal Audit with in-house personnel Is there an existing compendium of manufacturing insignias pertinent to PET and Glass bottles? Labs in the US to perform Migration testing on water bottles Micro implications of re-freezing sausages In-House "Micro" Testing