What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Looking for microbiology reference books

Started by , Mar 15 2016 05:57 AM
7 Replies

An association of food with microbiology is inseparable. Advancement in microbiology helped us in many ways like improving storage shelf life, new process techniques, new products / packaging, economic gain, etc. I am been working in the Quality Department for the past four years with basic microbiology and fermentation as my course curriculum and of course as QA member have to deal with Microbiology. But every time I feel that I should improve / update in this subject knowledge. Most of the time this forum is a guidance to me, Now I want you to suggest me good books in Food microbiology which will helps in shining in my new job. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Temperature a CCP - Ready to eat plant (Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency) Can anyone share the FDA reference that pathogen microbes kill at above 100 degree celcius? Reference Standards for Glass Bottle Manufacturing Reference Standards for Good Warehousing Practices in Food Manufacturing Fresh Garlic Microbiology
[Ad]
Try Fundamental Food Microbiology by CRC Press.
https://www.crcpress...a/9781466564435
1 Thank

the one we used at university was "Basic Food Microbiology" by George W Banwart.

Hi Saranya,

This one is quite popular IMEX - Modern Food Microbiology - Jay, 7th Ed.2010

Viewable as Google Book.

Other texts exist which focus on certain areas. eg Microbiological Analytical Procedures

"Microorganisms in Foods 8"  International Commission on Microbiological Specifications for Foods

"Practical Food MicrobiologyPatricia L. Cole

Many informations about food microbiology you can also find on the website USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service

dear Saraya,

please try to find BAM, FDA at google. This website is free

Rgds

AS Nur

Hi Saranya,

Any comments ?

I am a chemist originally so I love the RSC microbiology book, it's written in language I can understand.  I had an earlier edition than this one; http://pubs.rsc.org/...!divbookcontent

Similar Discussion Topics
Temperature a CCP - Ready to eat plant (Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency) Can anyone share the FDA reference that pathogen microbes kill at above 100 degree celcius? Reference Standards for Glass Bottle Manufacturing Reference Standards for Good Warehousing Practices in Food Manufacturing Fresh Garlic Microbiology Management of Change Procedure and Reference CFR reference for labeling of water in a fruit preparation Looking for references for HACCP, PCQI, SQF Books and Booklets Fruit Juice Microbiology Does anybody know the specs for microbiology results on raw material liquid sucrose?