What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Microbiological sampling for bottling plant producing mineral water

Started by , May 10 2016 06:12 AM
2 Replies

Dear Colleagues!

I am presently audting a mineral water bottling plant in China. all bottles are PET bottles and they have some infection despite a lot of 0,22 micron filters. They take a hugh amount of samples to try to be in control. The funny thing is that they only incubate sampels at 37 oC - not 20-22 oC. Does some of you have a well working microbiological sampling plan?

It should be mentioned that it is spring water from a natural souce.

kind regards

Bryggerbreum

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Microbiological Test Standard High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Microbiological testing of whole herb (berry, root, etc.) Microbiological testing Microbiological swabs in plastic films industries and it's limit
[Ad]

Dear Colleagues!

I am presently audting a mineral water bottling plant in China. all bottles are PET bottles and they have some infection despite a lot of 0,22 micron filters. They take a hugh amount of samples to try to be in control. The funny thing is that they only incubate sampels at 37 oC - not 20-22 oC. Does some of you have a well working microbiological sampling plan?

It should be mentioned that it is spring water from a natural souce.

kind regards

Bryggerbreum

Hi Bryggerbreum,

EC standard has specification for APC/drinking water at both temperatures 22degC and 37degC.

IMEX use of 37degC not unusual.

22degC requires a more specialized incubator.

One sampling plan is here -

CELEX_31998L0083_EN_TXT.pdf   295.28KB   39 downloads

Hej Charles!

Thanks for the sampling plan. It is also here specified that incubation at 22 oC as well as at 37 oC has to be done. This it what I normally would expect. The funny thing .- here in China - is that they only incubate at 37 oC, which for me gives a risk of false readings if you do not get an idea of the level of normally harmless bacteria at 22 oc.

Have a nice weekend

Peter A. Breum

Similar Discussion Topics
Microbiological Test Standard High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Microbiological testing of whole herb (berry, root, etc.) Microbiological testing Microbiological swabs in plastic films industries and it's limit Procedure for microbiological analysis Validating microbiological testing in-house Microbiological Limits for Finished Product Testing Microbiological Limits for non-dairy ice cream Microbiological criteria for Instant Noodle based on EU regulation