What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Accelerated shelf life testing

Started by , May 12 2016 09:28 AM
6 Replies

Dear all,

I'm approaching for the first time the accelerated shelf life test. I haven't found any ISO guideline or something similar. We have a calibrated oven where we can store the product (we produce grain, grain flakes...all the products are dried and need cooking before eating) at 40 °C. I would like to know the formula (if exist) that converts the normal time in the accelerated one. I mean a week in an oven corresponds to 1 month at an ambient temperature of about 25 degree? In the event of audits, which is the bibliographic sources I can quote as reference?

thanks a lot

Michela

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Accelerated shelf life test for juice Accelerated Shelf life of frozen Ready-To-Eat products Is it possible to evaluate accelerated shelf-life of Frozen Poultry Meat product? Accelerated Shelf Life Template for Bakery Product Accelerated shelf life test for microbiological hazards
[Ad]

Hello Michaela,

There are lots of factors to consider in conducting ASLS. Temp., %RH, packaging and the nature of your product. Let the TPL conduct the ASLS for you and you have to undergone training about ASLS.

Regards,

redfox

AOAC and ICH guidelines can provide you good insights on conducting ASLT. You can design your shelf-life study considering your products chemistry.

Accordingly the accelerated conditions can be defined.

ICH guidlines mentions to claim 3 months for 1 months ASLT.

Regards,

Meena

AOAC and ICH guidelines can provide you good insights on conducting ASLT. You can design your shelf-life study considering your products chemistry.

Accordingly the accelerated conditions can be defined.

ICH guidlines mentions to claim 3 months for 1 months ASLT.

Regards,

Meena

Hi Meena,

Can you suggest a specific link to the above guidelines for ALST ?. I don't recall ever seeing such discussions.

www.ich.org

Otherwise also there are references which mention Arrhenius equation as the basis for 1 month (accelerated) to 3 months (Ambient). Need little googling :smile:

Regards,

Meena

www.ich.org

Otherwise also there are references which mention Arrhenius equation as the basis for 1 month (accelerated) to 3 months (Ambient). Need little googling :smile:

Regards,

Meena

Based on my googling, "nada".

But thanks anyway.

PS - except of course for the various ASLT posts i have previously made here.

Dear Michaela,

IMO, i would suggest you undergo training from govt or any private entity (ex; SGS, like we did) that could provide you how to conduct ASLS. CB would ask a training certificate from the person who conduct ASLS on  your company.

regards,

redfox

Similar Discussion Topics
Accelerated shelf life test for juice Accelerated Shelf life of frozen Ready-To-Eat products Is it possible to evaluate accelerated shelf-life of Frozen Poultry Meat product? Accelerated Shelf Life Template for Bakery Product Accelerated shelf life test for microbiological hazards Rapid/Accelerated Organoleptic testing Accelerated Shelf Life Testing Accelerated shelf life study - please help! Accelerated shelf life test for dried fruit and nut products Accelerated Shelf Life Justification