What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Retail Pest Sprays in Food Plants

Started by , May 23 2016 06:51 PM
3 Replies

Greetings -  Can anyone help me with information on a plant keeping retail pest sprays on site?   I cannot find information in BRC Section 4.14, Pest Control.  The spray is intended to be used in the office area only, and not in any food processing or storage areas.  We do have a pest control provider. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Retail Certification? Retail Labeling Retail Supplier Management and Approval Retail labeling Retail Package COA
[Ad]

As a minimum, I'd suggest ensure SDSs and product information are logged and up to date (explicitly part of standard)  - and you have controlled storage accountability/sign outs to ensure the products do not end up in the wrong place and are disposed of properly. Your GMP policy should indicate that such products are not allowed in GMP areas. A stray can of pesticide like wasp spray in the wrong place could be a very major finding.

We are under SQF but we had a similar situation.  We were having problems with in our Wastewater Treatment Area, which is in a separate area of the grounds over 100 meters from production facility.  We have to:

• provide documentation that the individuals who use the treatment were trained 
  • maintain a current inventory of the chemicals used
  • store it in a designated locked container (container is marked on pest control map).  
  • provide SDS and Specifications Sheet for chemical
  • ensure proper disposal of empty containers 
1 Thank

As a minimum, I'd suggest ensure SDSs and product information are logged and up to date (explicitly part of standard)  - and you have controlled storage accountability/sign outs to ensure the products do not end up in the wrong place and are disposed of properly. Your GMP policy should indicate that such products are not allowed in GMP areas. A stray can of pesticide like wasp spray in the wrong place could be a very major finding.

Very good ideas.  The office personnel are the ones who want to use the sprays.  We will add to GMP's and ensure a secure designated area.  

Similar Discussion Topics
Retail Certification? Retail Labeling Retail Supplier Management and Approval Retail labeling Retail Package COA Retail Labeling Retail traceability and withdrawal procedure SQF requirements for Ingredients available for retail purchase Coding retail product Retail food inspector over-reaching into manufacturing