• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 August 2023 - 03:39 PM

Good day all,

I am hoping that I can utilize someone's expertise in vendor/supplier qualification and management on the retail side of the business (ie: Target, Whole Foods, HEB, Walmart, etc.). I am new to this side of the FSQA world and am tasked with creating a robust program that will allow our business to get away from testing each SKU for regulatory compliance to assessing each vendor and rating them on based on performance. Does anyone in QA&R on the retail side have a blanket vendor qualification/supplier approval SOP that I can utilize as a baseline?

Thank you all in advance!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 15 August 2023 - 02:56 PM

Good day all,

I am hoping that I can utilize someone's expertise in vendor/supplier qualification and management on the retail side of the business (ie: Target, Whole Foods, HEB, Walmart, etc.). I am new to this side of the FSQA world and am tasked with creating a robust program that will allow our business to get away from testing each SKU for regulatory compliance to assessing each vendor and rating them on based on performance. Does anyone in QA&R on the retail side have a blanket vendor qualification/supplier approval SOP that I can utilize as a baseline?

Thank you all in advance!

Are you aware that, IIRC, Walmart publish their Approval System ? Similarly for Mondelez and Others.

Of course, many receivers also stipulate GFSI-recognised Certifications.

Just as 1 example -

Attached File  Supplier approval evaluation procedure.pdf   286.99KB   26 downloads

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

shantiboog

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 August 2023 - 04:24 PM

Thank you, Charles, for the reply!

I've come across the document you've attached before and I am looking into it to see if it is applicable to our business. I was not aware that the above-mentioned retailers shared their supplier approval programs/SOPs publicly - I will search them now.

Thanks again!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users