What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Microbiological limit for seeds

Started by , May 27 2016 09:53 AM
4 Replies

Dear all,

I would like to have some clarification about the microbiological limit of seeds like sunflower seed, flaxseed, sesame seeds or similar (ready to eat product).....

Are there useful guideline, useful literature? Taking from the supplier specs, the values are very different (for example a supplier fix as a limit for total count 1.000.000 ufc/g ...which is for me very very high).

Thanks you very much for your kind collaboration,

Best regards

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Microbiological Test Standard High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Microbiological testing of whole herb (berry, root, etc.) Microbiological testing Microbiological swabs in plastic films industries and it's limit
[Ad]

go through the attached file. It will help you.

Attached Files

3 Thanks

Dear all,

I would like to have some clarification about the microbiological limit of seeds like sunflower seed, flaxseed, sesame seeds or similar (ready to eat product).....

Are there useful guideline, useful literature? Taking from the supplier specs, the values are very different (for example a supplier fix as a limit for total count 1.000.000 ufc/g ...which is for me very very high).

Thanks you very much for your kind collaboration,

Best regards

Hi michela,

Are you referring to processed, eg heat treated, seeds or raw ?

@safefood - I could not find any APC data for seeds in the 3 attachments. did i miss it somewhere ?

But thanks anyway.

i have go through above mentioned 3 attachments and didn't find any APC count related.

can anyone help to find Microbiological limits regarding to seeds?? APC?? Yeast and Mold count??

i have go through above mentioned 3 attachments and didn't find any APC count related.

can anyone help to find Microbiological limits regarding to seeds?? APC?? Yeast and Mold count??

Hi Amireshi,

See (fruit and vegetables) dried, category 3, Pg 165

phls 2000 rte foods - guides_micro.pdf   138.57KB   168 downloads

Note - above compilation was followed by a 2009 edition but APC stated to now not being routinely performed [no limits given].

Similar Discussion Topics
Microbiological Test Standard High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Microbiological testing of whole herb (berry, root, etc.) Microbiological testing Microbiological swabs in plastic films industries and it's limit Procedure for microbiological analysis Validating microbiological testing in-house Microbiological Limits for Finished Product Testing Microbiological Limits for non-dairy ice cream Microbiological criteria for Instant Noodle based on EU regulation