What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Accelerated shelf life test for dried fruit and nut products

Started by , Jun 02 2016 01:26 PM
1 Reply

HI everyone, 

I am looking to do an accelerated shelf life test for some dried fruit and nut products. 
Our current lab doesn't offer an accelerated test so i am looking for any recommendations for labs that are on the east coast. 

Thank you!

Weebus

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Accelerated shelf life test for juice Accelerated Shelf life of frozen Ready-To-Eat products Is it possible to evaluate accelerated shelf-life of Frozen Poultry Meat product? Accelerated Shelf Life Template for Bakery Product Accelerated shelf life test for microbiological hazards
[Ad]

Hello Weebus90,

accelerated test means application of pseudo- first-order-kinetic applying Arrhenius, i.e. shelf life shound be dependent on one parameter e.g. temperatur.

If you wnt to apply a shelf life test procedure you have to increase the temperatur above the typical storage temp. I this would be 20°C  you have to apply 30, 40, 50 °C, because you have to draw a linear regression ans you need minimum 3 points with enough diifference in the parameter to be measured. Do you have such parameter which is even at higher temperature dependent on that factor only?

Applying the Q10=2 rule you can check what is to be expected and you are able to decide whether such test would make sense.

Rgds

moskito

Similar Discussion Topics
Accelerated shelf life test for juice Accelerated Shelf life of frozen Ready-To-Eat products Is it possible to evaluate accelerated shelf-life of Frozen Poultry Meat product? Accelerated Shelf Life Template for Bakery Product Accelerated shelf life test for microbiological hazards Rapid/Accelerated Organoleptic testing Accelerated Shelf Life Testing Accelerated shelf life study - please help! Accelerated shelf life testing Accelerated Shelf Life Justification