What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Bulk Labeling

Started by , Jun 24 2016 04:29 PM
2 Replies

Hello Everyone,

We are going to be producing grain products that will be sold as ingredients to other food, pet food or animal feed manufacturers.  It will be shipped in bulk form, either via semi hopper trailers, or perhaps eventually in bulk super sacks (i.e. bulk intermediate containers).

I have been doing research into the labeling requirements for our products, but I can't seem to find much that specifies the requirements for a bulk ingredient that is not going directly to a consumer.

21 CFR 101.9(j)(9) - States that we are exempt from nutritional labeling, so at least that's a start...

I realize that we need to have some sort of a label to attach to the super sacks (if we go that route), and I believe we need to be able to include a label with a bulk load on a semi, right?  What are the label requirements, then?

Any help, or even just pointing me in the right direction so I can dig up the answer myself, would be greatly appreciated!

Brian

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Migration Testing of Bulk Containers for the Food Industry How do you keep traceability of bulk flour? Shelf life of sunflower oil in bulk or in silos Hazard Analysis - Bulk Bag Lifting frame in production areas Food Defense for bulk liquid fructose transfer stations
[Ad]

i Brian - I am looking for Bulk labeling requirements too.  Do you have more information?  or point me to the information.

Thank you

Lisa

i Brian - I am looking for Bulk labeling requirements too.  Do you have more information?  or point me to the information.

Thank you

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

It was a challenge to finally figure out what to do - ultimately, for our situation, it came down to what our state (Minnesota) required.

I suggest starting with your state dept. of ag (or whatever the appropriate department would be in your state) - they should be able to give you answers, or at least point you in the right direction.

Best of luck!

Brian

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Migration Testing of Bulk Containers for the Food Industry How do you keep traceability of bulk flour? Shelf life of sunflower oil in bulk or in silos Hazard Analysis - Bulk Bag Lifting frame in production areas Food Defense for bulk liquid fructose transfer stations Bulk density - Master Specification creation Supersack-Bulk Bag Resealing Environmental Pathogens in a Bulk Truck Use of compressed air to fill a Flexible Intermediate Bulk Container before filling Bulk Tank CIP temperature