What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Help needed compiling a list of food safety objectives

Started by , Jun 28 2016 02:48 PM
7 Replies

I have a SQF audit in 19 days and I need a list of food safety objectives.   I was told 'not to kill any one' was not appropriate

water man

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

You are looking for KPI's? What sort of company do you work for?

Hi Water Man,

Food Safety Objectives should be realistic, measurable, and achievable.  These will also vary widely by segment.  Some examples of food safety objectives I have seen over the years include:

1. Reduction in complaints by a certain percentage.
  2. Reduction in USDA NR's by a certain percentage.
  3. Achieving a certain score on a particular food safety audit.
  4. Decreasing cycle time on internal audit observations.
  5. Reduction of metal detector rejections by a certain percentage.

Hope that helps, and good luck on the audit!!

Mike

1 Like

Hi water man,

A variety of source links in this thread (eg posts 4-6) -

http://www.ifsqn.com...012/#entry50821

Number of training hours / day's per for each employee per year. :smile:

1 Thank

Cleaning efficacy (log reduction),

Reduction in Repetitive nonconformance

We have struggled to find suitable KPIs for food safety in the past too.

We are using GMP scores as a KPI at the moment but that can be a little problematic. Realistically we will never achieve 100% but surely it is not acceptable to aim for anything less?

I like the suggestion regarding training of employees as that can be mostly controlled by the key food safety person with cooperation from the business.

Hello!

Can anyone give an example of a Food Quality objective (cereal production company).

Thank you.

Tina

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Food safety culture plan