What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Potable Water for CIP Flushing

Started by , Jul 13 2016 08:15 AM
3 Replies

Hi guys,

We had this meeting yesterday regarding the used of RO Water for CIP flushing. Since we only have limited sources of RO water, the management suggested to use potable/chlorinated water instead of RO water during Clean-in-place final rinsing.

Are there any standards that really require to used RO water?

Would it be too risky to used such an alternative process?

In addition to chlorinated water as an alternative for flushing, we have subsequent step to ensure line cleanliness: Sterilization.

Any thoughts if these are enough to be compliant? 

Thanks,

Joan

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Potable Water COA SQF 11.5.1.2 Contigency Plans - potable water supply Can you use food grade potable water hose to process kool aid or gravy? What are the minimum chlorine levels that are acceptable in potable water? Potable Water Testing
[Ad]

It depends on your process.  What is the RO water from?  Is it recovered water from your process or the way your cleaning up water coming into the plant?  Most CIP in the UK would use chlorinated potable water as a final rinse.  I don't know of any UK standards which would require use of RO water.

It depends on your process.  What is the RO water from?  Is it recovered water from your process or the way your cleaning up water coming into the plant?  Most CIP in the UK would use chlorinated potable water as a final rinse.  I don't know of any UK standards which would require use of RO water.

Our RO water are from Deep well. Fresh from underground. After extraction it undergo a series of filters to remove cations and other solids.

I would say in your case the RO water sounds riskier than the potable chlorinated water.  I have some experience with RO plants and, if not looked after, they are prone to damage.  They also don't tend to filter out viruses.

Similar Discussion Topics
Potable Water COA SQF 11.5.1.2 Contigency Plans - potable water supply Can you use food grade potable water hose to process kool aid or gravy? What are the minimum chlorine levels that are acceptable in potable water? Potable Water Testing Potable water standards of WHO Potable Water Testing...what to test for and frequency? SOP for potable water testing Specification for sodium hypochlorite used for potable water disinfect How to ensure water from a well is potable?