What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Preventive Control Validation for Bakeries

Started by , Jul 22 2016 01:54 PM
1 Reply

Happy Friday Folks,

I'm looking for any scientific studies to help validate the safety of the bread and pastries we make at our bakery. The breads are designed to be sold within 48 hours of baking and eaten soon after. The pastries have a longer range, from 24 hours (croissants) to 14 days (shrink wrapped coffee cakes). We add no preservatives and our ingredient lists are pretty simple--four, water, salt, and starter for many of the breads.

I have found a few studies but most that I find are dealing with much longer shelf lives and bread packaged in plastic.

We do have Aw and pH testing for finished products but are looking for more robust validation especially for items like bread with a high Aw in the crumb, much lower Aw in the crust, that are fairly acid neutral.

Thanks,

Josh

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Supply Chain Preventive Controls SQF Addendum - FDA Preventive Controls Audit Checklist Difference between correction, corrective action and preventive action? FSMA- Preventive Controls- Practical example of hazard analysis? Corrective and Preventive Action for lack of records caused by Absence of a Quality Manager
[Ad]

Happy Friday Folks,

I'm looking for any scientific studies to help validate the safety of the bread and pastries we make at our bakery. The breads are designed to be sold within 48 hours of baking and eaten soon after. The pastries have a longer range, from 24 hours (croissants) to 14 days (shrink wrapped coffee cakes). We add no preservatives and our ingredient lists are pretty simple--four, water, salt, and starter for many of the breads.

I have found a few studies but most that I find are dealing with much longer shelf lives and bread packaged in plastic.

We do have Aw and pH testing for finished products but are looking for more robust validation especially for items like bread with a high Aw in the crumb, much lower Aw in the crust, that are fairly acid neutral.

Thanks,

Josh

Hi josh,

Not my area but i believe this was a classic Bakery response for validation inspired by FSMA.

http://foodfirst.aib...z99mvz57zb1p83i

But baking-people may have simpler suggestions.

Similar Discussion Topics
Supply Chain Preventive Controls SQF Addendum - FDA Preventive Controls Audit Checklist Difference between correction, corrective action and preventive action? FSMA- Preventive Controls- Practical example of hazard analysis? Corrective and Preventive Action for lack of records caused by Absence of a Quality Manager Supplier is requiring us to show our hazard analysis preventive controls for Ingredient Supply Chain Preventive Controls Program - Mycotoxins Review of preventive controls records Optical Sorting to Control Aflatoxin in Peanuts: Process Preventive Control Do you perform a root cause analysis for any type of deviations and identify preventive actions?