What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

2.3.4 - Simple Contract for Contract Manufacturers

Started by , Aug 03 2016 04:34 PM
2 Replies

Hi, 

I work for a produce distributor currently in the process of implementing SQF. We have several companies that package product for us under our brand. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions or an example of a simple contract for our contract manufacturers that would meet the SQF requirements. We have already have product specs in place that can be referenced in the contract.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer? Contract Manufacturers FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System for Food Manufacturers - Version 6 Trading Company Contract Example SQF 2.3.3.2 - Contract Manufacturer Compliance SQF Compliance
[Ad]

Hi macmm,

:welcome:

As a fundamental requirement the contracted party should agree to and meet the requirements of the SQF Code.

As well as product specifications I would expect to see agreement on operations (receipt, packing, storage, distribution) particularly those relevant to food safety and quality. There are also usually agreements on logistics and costs as well.

You may also want to consider 2.4.8 Product Release in your contract.

Kind regards,

Tony

Thanks Tony!

Similar Discussion Topics
What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer? Contract Manufacturers FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System for Food Manufacturers - Version 6 Trading Company Contract Example SQF 2.3.3.2 - Contract Manufacturer Compliance SQF Compliance Can we use Crystal Simple Green on food-contact surfaces? Is anyone aware of a legal or regulatory definition of the food claim term 'simple'? Contract Service Providers - who exactly falls under this category? SAQ for Contract Service Suppliers Facility Registration for a Brand utilizing co-manufacturers and third-party distributors