What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Calculating Nutritional Iformation for Fermented Products

Started by , Aug 10 2016 01:23 PM
6 Replies

Does anyone do fermented products, if so how do you figure nutritional? Do you send them to an outside lab or is there a program you can use to calculate the nutritional?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Calculating %DV for Nutrition Facts Table Calculating percent (%) DV (daily value) for protein? Law of Cooling for calculating time Calculating time and temperature for thawing a certain volume of frozen meat? Need a USA file for calculating nutrition facts and rounding for vitamins
[Ad]

Jportz,

What kind of product are you referring to?  Most fermented products are in the alcohol arena and those items are not required to have nutritional panels. 

We do fermented food products (i.e. pickles). We send samples to an outside lab and have nutritional done. I know there are programs out there that calculate them to but I have never used them.

Thank you for the clarification.

We do fermented vegetablea in brine, pickles and relish.

Outside party will give you results specific to your product. However, nutritional panel calculators are available on certain regulatory sites like FSANZ. USDA also has a national nutrient database for some readily available foods.

You may need to check the acceptance of these declarations with your regulatory body.

Regards,

Meena

In the UK, McCance & Widdowson is considered to be the bible for nutritional data.  current version is number 7. There's a free online version

https://www.gov.uk/g...d-dataset-cofid

Similar Discussion Topics
Calculating %DV for Nutrition Facts Table Calculating percent (%) DV (daily value) for protein? Law of Cooling for calculating time Calculating time and temperature for thawing a certain volume of frozen meat? Need a USA file for calculating nutrition facts and rounding for vitamins Calculating Customer Complaint CPM? Procedure for Calculating CFU (Colony Forming Unit) Calculating formulation for new product with adjusted Bx Content Calculating fat % from visual lean? Calculating risk levels for Physical hazards