What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Sanitation for Conveyor egg sprayer

Started by , Aug 17 2016 11:19 PM
3 Replies

Hello,

Our bakery has purchased a conveyor egg sprayer machine. I am currently trying to finalize an SOP for this piece of equipment.  Eggs, cannot be stored at room temperature for longer than 2 hours or they need to be discarded.

The egg sprayer is turned on and will be used throughout all of our shifts . For the egg sprayer we use pasteurized liquid eggs. When in use the liquid eggs are being cycled through the machine, so the mixture is in motion. More liquid eggs are being used to refill the tank as the eggs are used up on product. Since the eggs are in motion and not simply pooled ( still), how long can we go between cleanings? after 2 hours, 4 hours, after each 8 hour shift?

Does anyone use an conveyor egg sprayer? How often is this cleaned

Thanks for your time.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What kind of Verification is required for Maintenance and Sanitation? Sanitation - suppliers of food grade brushes, brooms, and scrubs Ozonated water in sanitation program How to build a successful sanitation program How to build a successful sanitation program
[Ad]

Did the manufacturer not supply at CIP schedule to you with purchase? I would check with them as my first point of contact

hi 

Actually we don't have in our site this egg sprayer but as I know that you must apply CIP cleaning if the machine stopped for more than 2 hours in the continous working shift .

About the point of complete CIP for the machine ( on daily basis ) you must apply a validation test several times ( 2 , 4 , 6 , 8 till 24 hour ) to find when the bacterial and visual standard was affected , because there is many factors will affect this CIP cleaning .

Hi,

My current company has an egg spaying machine which circulates the pasteurised whole liquid egg continuously with a chiller unit for the egg. We have 2 spay/chiller units and swap these over every 4 hours for manual cleaning. We are in a bakery so ambient tremperaturs can get high and we monitor the egg temperature every hour to make sure the egg is kept below 6C.

I hope this helps.

Similar Discussion Topics
What kind of Verification is required for Maintenance and Sanitation? Sanitation - suppliers of food grade brushes, brooms, and scrubs Ozonated water in sanitation program How to build a successful sanitation program How to build a successful sanitation program How to build a successful sanitation program 3rd Party Sanitation in Your Plant Does anyone have a sanitation program for trailers? New Tumbler Equipment sanitation, allergen cleaning, process controls, CCPS? Best Practice for Sanitation and CIP Room Organization