What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What is FSSC 22000 Built Upon?

Started by , Aug 23 2016 03:04 PM
1 Reply

Hi everyone,

I am trying to build a presentation in regards to what FSSC 22000 is. I am a new grad and relatively new to the food industry. I understand that FSSC 22000 is not as simple as SQF. I understand that it is built upon an ISO program and something else.

Can you tell me exactly what FSSC 22000 really is?

Also, where would I be able to find the requirements for FSSC 22000? Does it need pre-requisite programs? I know HACCP is required which we have already developed.

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 FSSC New BoS Decision List FSSC v6 2.5.6 Management of Allergens FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist
[Ad]

Hi everyone,

I am trying to build a presentation in regards to what FSSC 22000 is. I am a new grad and relatively new to the food industry. I understand that FSSC 22000 is not as simple as SQF. I understand that it is built upon an ISO program and something else.

Can you tell me exactly what FSSC 22000 really is?

Also, where would I be able to find the requirements for FSSC 22000? Does it need pre-requisite programs? I know HACCP is required which we have already developed.

Thanks

Hi categ,

Basically FSSC22000 = ISO22000 + ISO22002-X ( where X= 1-4 depending on whether food, food packaging, etc is involved) + a few extras

An good source of info. are the IT home pages of fssc22000 and iso22000 respectively (just google)

and, following link, or the dozens of threads in the sub-forums for iso22000/fssc22000 here.

https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/ISO_22000

You can probably get some FS/haccp insights in this recent thread/attachments -

http://www.ifsqn.com...achesstandards/

Similar Discussion Topics
FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 FSSC New BoS Decision List FSSC v6 2.5.6 Management of Allergens FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products FSSC Internal auditor competency Is FSSC 22000 (Cat G) certification transferrable if facility moves to a new location after getting initial certification? FSSC publishes Version 6 of the FSSC 22000 scheme