What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Yogurt Pasteurisation Temperature

Started by , Aug 26 2016 04:12 PM
2 Replies

Hi All,

I am writing haccp for small scale yogurt plant, the plant heating milk in a VAT Pasteurizer 80 C for 15 seconds CCP1, as a cooling they want to bring temp down to 40 C, my question is by how many minutes or hours we must bring to 40 C to avoid any pathogen / microorganism growth. if anyone have a TIME and Temperature chart for pasteuring for milk or yogurt, will help.

Thanks,

Abdul

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Does all lactose get removed when making yogurt? Yogurt Shelf-Life Extension Quality in Yogurt Manufacturing Need to develop a HACCP plan for Greek yogurt Cause of light brown grainy layer at bottom of yogurt?
[Ad]

Hi All,

I am writing haccp for small scale yogurt plant, the plant heating milk in a VAT Pasteurizer 80 C for 15 seconds CCP1, as a cooling they want to bring temp down to 40 C, my question is by how many minutes or hours we must bring to 40 C to avoid any pathogen / microorganism growth. if anyone have a TIME and Temperature chart for pasteuring for milk or yogurt, will help.

Thanks,

Abdul

Hi Abdul,

You may find an answer somewhere in this thread -

http://www.ifsqn.com...o-22000-73-744/

Or perhaps this one -

http://www.ifsqn.com...on-micro-scale/

Hi Hakader: 

In the bibliographic information refer to my plans haccp, it indicates that the heat treatment to be applied to milk to be destnada for yogurt should be 95 ° C for a time of about 5 minutes, since the purpose is not only inactivate microorganisms pathogens but partially denature the milk protein. We understand that this temperature (95 ° C) and subjecting these final yogurt mixture, ie already added sugar, stabilizers, etc.
I hope this helps.

Regards 

ST

Similar Discussion Topics
Does all lactose get removed when making yogurt? Yogurt Shelf-Life Extension Quality in Yogurt Manufacturing Need to develop a HACCP plan for Greek yogurt Cause of light brown grainy layer at bottom of yogurt? Monk Fruit juice concentrate vs sugar to slow down yogurt acidification Killing S. thermophilus & L. delbrueckii spp. bulgaricus in yogurt How to produce yogurt of light consistency maintaining all nutrients? pH measurement during yogurt fermentation - fluctuations Ambient yogurt microbial testing