• Quick Navigation
Photo

How to produce yogurt of light consistency maintaining all nutrients?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Epie'bong temah munge

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Cameroon
    Cameroon

Posted 08 March 2019 - 11:49 AM

I wish to ask for your assistance, I need to produce yogurt of light consistency maintaining all all the nutrients there in

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:08 PM

Is there a specific area you need assistance with or are you starting at the beginning with this? Producing a food is a relatively complex multi-factorial process and I'm sure the knowledgeable members of this forum will be able to assist you but will need some clarification as to what stage you are at and what it is specifically you need i.e. product development / HACCP implementation / legal compliance /micro & hygiene. Perhaps include some background info - do you already produce yoghurts and just want to determine how best to control nutritional content and consistency?

Edited by zanorias, 08 March 2019 - 12:11 PM.

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Science, Nature, SQF, Learning, Trying out new foods, Sarcasm.

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:21 PM

I wish to ask for your assistance, I need to produce yogurt of light consistency maintaining all all the nutrients there in

The yogurt consistency depends on the starter culture you used to ferment your milk. The bacteria produces Lactic acid in milk (decreasing its pH), which causes it to thicken. It all depends on your process at the end. Culturing time, temperature... many factors to look at. 

Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it. - Alton Brown.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users