What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Questions related to alcoholic drinks

Started by , Aug 29 2016 07:52 AM
1 Reply

Hi, I'm Anouksha from Mauritius.

I'm also working with an organisation producing alcoholic drinks such as Whisky and Vodka and also concentrate fruit juice.

We're also moving to ISO 22 000 standard but will implement only for conc. fruit juice.

I would like to ask some questions related to alcoholic drinks as follows:

Is same activated carbon used for filtration of vodka and water?

Does alcohol content decrease when surfine alcohol passing through activated carbon?

Do you have an idea how to minimize the alcohol content when passing through the latter?

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Anouksha

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Questions used to determine the critical control point External warehouse - questions and concerns SQF Audit NCR questions Methodology for control measures categorization as per ISO 22000 7 questions Organic Questions
[Ad]

Anouksha,

Carbon filtration can be used for both water and spirits, but quite often the specification and method used to filter product changes depending upon the spirit type and target profile.  Some types of filtration, cordial pads for instance, can remove profile attributes - color, turbidity, organoleptic, etc. 

The word "surfine" relates to certain Belgian ales.  Are you using it in another context?

Alcohol content is generally not reduced when passing through filtration.  You can shorten the distillation of the spirit type to derive a lower proof product (not recommended) or you can reduce alcohol content by adding water.  For the vast majority of finished good spirits you have to do that anyway to hit your target proof or %ABV.

There is no substitute for good distillate and pure water.

Similar Discussion Topics
Questions used to determine the critical control point External warehouse - questions and concerns SQF Audit NCR questions Methodology for control measures categorization as per ISO 22000 7 questions Organic Questions Questions/Evaluate this chocolate powdered milk formulation OmniVis Food Safety Testing Questions What kind of questions can you expect an auditor to ask shop floor staff? FSMA Compliance Builder Questions Sanitation Chemicals - Inventory and storage questions